Rebecca R. Baer
Top rated Family Law attorney in Edina, MinnesotaBaer Family Law, PLLC
Attorney Rebecca R. Baer is the founder of Baer Family Law, PLLC, in Edina, Minnesota. Ms. Baer has more than 15 years of experience dedicating her practice exclusively to family law, divorce and custody, serving clients throughout Minnesota and Colorado.
Ms. Baer uses her years of experience to help her clients through what is often the most difficult time of their lives. Ms. Baer approaches every case with a holistic and personable approach, and always keeps the children at the forefront. She began her legal career in Minnesota and then spent five years practicing family law in Colorado before returning to Minnesota. This experience provides her with unique knowledge and insights she uses to provide outstanding service to her Minnesota clients.
Volunteering her time to serve others is very important to Ms. Baer. While practicing in Colorado, she participated in Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans and had previously spent four years volunteering with the Mitchell Hamline School of Law Pro Bono Child Protection Clinic. Over the course of her career, she has taken part in numerous mock trial competitions and pro bono legal clinics.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Baer is a member of the family law and solo/small firm sections of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota, the Cooperative Practice Network of Minnesota and the Family Law League. She is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Baer earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, graduating with honors. She received her law degree from William Mitchell College of Law and obtained her license to practice law in Minnesota in 2007. She continues to hold an active law license in both Minnesota and Colorado.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Arbitration, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 2007, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://baerfamilylaw.com/about-baer-family-law/
- Family Law League
- Cooperative Practice Network of Minnesota
- Local Bar Associations for the Counties of Scott, Carver, LeSueur, McLeod and Sibley
- Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar, 2007
- Colorado State Bar, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law and Solo/Small Sections
- William Mitchell College of Law Pro Bono Family Law Clinic, 2010 - 2013
- William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition Judge, 2010 & 2013
- Denver Regional High School Mock Trial Tournament Scoring Panelist, 2016
- Minnesota Women Lawyers Student Mentor, 2010
- Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans, 2016 - 2018
- William Mitchell College of Law Student Mentor, 2010 - 2012
- Jefferson County Law Day, 2017
- CALI Award, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Awarded to attorneys who receive a minimum number of positive ratings in a calendar year., Avvo Client's Choice Award in Family Law, Avvo, 2017
- Awarded to attorneys who receive a minimum number of positive client reviews in a calendar year., Avvo Client’s Choice Award in Family Law, Avvo, 2016
- Rated Superb Top Family Law Attorney by Avvo
- Dean’s List, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- William Mitchell College of Law, 2007
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A. cum laude, Honors: Dean's List, Majors: Print Journalism and Political Science, Activities: Participated in a three-week "Law in London and Dublin" course, 2004
- Collaborative Law Training, 2014
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
- Completed alternative dispute resolution training, to include, mediation, arbitration and early neutral evaluation, 2006
- Completed 40-hour Family Mediation training, 2006
- "CFI, PRE, PC, DM and CLR", Colorado Bench Book - Family Law, 2016 (Co-Author), Co-Author, "CFI, PRE, PC, DM and CLR", Colorado Bench Book, Family Law, 2016
- “A Practical Guide to Business Valuations for Lawyers”, Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association, February 2017 (Co-Presenter), Co-Presenter, “A Practical Guide to Business Valuations for Lawyers”, 2017
- “Dispute Resolution and Unbundled/Limited Scope Legal Representation- Challenges and Opportunities for ADR Practitioners”, Annual Colorado ADR Conference, November 2017 (Co-Presenter), Co-Presenter, “Dispute Resolution and Unbundled/Limited Scope Legal Representation- Challenges and Opportunities for ADR Practitioners”, 2017
- Relocation Case Law Update: how, when, and why a move might impact your custody case, August 2018 (Author), Author, Relocation Case Law Update: how, when, and why a move might impact your custody case, 2018
Office location for Rebecca R. Baer
3300 Edinborough Way
Edina, MN 55435
- Rising Stars: 2017, 2019 - 2022