Terrance W. Moore
Top rated business litigation attorney in Edina, MinnesotaHellmuth & Johnson
Bring your Bulldog! Business owners dealing with a bad business partner trust me because I am an award-winning business partner dispute lawyer. Over the past 30 years, I have won more than $300 million for my clients. My reputation as a bulldog lawyer was earned as an aggressive, tenacious, and practical advocate in more than 150 disputes. I can often leverage strength early to reach a favorable settlement.
I have the experience and resources to go to court against any bad business partner. Recent successes include disputes with state government, big oil, and big pharma. My unique background handling high stakes transactions and big-money lawsuits enables me to navigate the nuances of both the business and litigation aspects in a business divorce.
In 2006, Minnesota Lawyer named Mr. Moore Attorney of the Year. Minnesota Physician named him a Leading Minnesota Health Care Attorney in 2005. Throughout his career, he has taken on large entities like government agencies, big pharma and big oil. Along with complex legal matters, he handles the basic business law topics such as sales agreements, leases and employment contracts. He advises clients in a variety of industries, including the following: real estate, health care, sports, media and oilfield services.
With a major in government, Mr. Moore graduated with his Bachelor of Science from St. John’s University. He then attended law school at the University of Minnesota Law School, where he graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1988. He is now admitted to practice in both North Dakota and Minnesota.
Mr. Moore is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association. Within the MSBA, he is chair of the Entertainment Law Section, the Agricultural and Rural Law Section, and the Civil Litigation Section and is a member of the rotary club. He is also a member of the Minnesota Broadcasters Association and gives back to his community as Director of the Minnesota Blades AAA Hockey Club and owner of Da Beauty League.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Closely held business, Constitutional law, Entertainment & sports, Estate & trust litigation, Securities litigation
- 50% Business litigation
- 10% Closely held business
- 10% Constitutional law
- 10% Entertainment & sports
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Securities litigation
First Admitted: 1988, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hjlawfirm.com/minneapolis-attorneys/terrance-w-moore...
- Director of the Minnesota Blades AAA Hockey Club
- Rotary Club
- Included on the Minnesota Super Lawyer list
- Chair, Minnesota State Bar Association’s Civil Litigation section and the Entertainment Law section
- Awarded the Minnesota State Bar Association’s President’s Award in 2003
- Named a “Leading Minnesota Healthcare Attorney” by Minnesota Physician in 2005
- Vice Chair, MSBA Art, Entertainment and Sports Law Section. Past Chair, MSBA Civil Litigation Section. Minnesota Lawyer 2006 Attorneys of The Year for work representing the Minnesota Twins Baseball Club and for work on the film Sweet Land. MSBA Presidents Award, 2003, for work on Rules of Professional Conduct., Attorney of the Year, Minnesota lawyer, 2006
- Won a television Emmy award for “Legal Lowdown” as a part of the “Game On!” program
- St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN, Major: Government, B.S.
- Member, United States Supreme Court, 2020
- North Dakota
- MSBA Art, Entertainment and Sports Law Section - Vice Chair MSBA Civil Litigation Section Past Chair
- Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Member
- Health Care
- Oil And Gas
- Oilfield Services
- Real Estate
Office location for Terrance W. Moore
8050 West 78th Street
Edina, MN 55439
- Super Lawyers: 2001 - 2003, 2023
- Rising Stars: 2001