J. Scott Braden
Top rated Family Law attorney in Faribault, MinnesotaJ. Scott Braden, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Estate Planning & Probate
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1981
Education: Hamline University School of Law
J. Scott Braden, P.A.415 Second Avenue Northwest
Faribault, MN 55021 Phone: 507-332-7483 Email: J. Scott Braden Visit website
Scott opened his law firm in 1990. He is committed to high quality representation of clients in Faribault, Owatonna, Waseca, Northfield, Rochester and throughout southern Minnesota. His divorces often involve homestead, lake property, farm and closely held business valuation and division, prenuptial agreements, spousal maintenance, attorney fees and post divorce issues.
Scott graduated from Saint John's University. Scott earned his law degree from Hamline University School of Law in 1981.
With more than 41 years of legal practice, Scott understands the strain dealing with legal issues can put on a family. He and his team works efficiently to resolve matters as quickly as possible while prioritizing his client's goals and best interests.
For his achievements, Scott earned the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell.
Scott is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and Minnesota State Courts.
First Admitted: 1981, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://bradenlawoffice.com/who-we-are/j-scott-braden/
- Mediator in family and estate disputes
- Past Chairperson and member of the Faribault Planning Commission
- United States District Court for the State of Minnesota
- Vice-chair of the Minnesota Supreme Court Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR) Ethics Board
- President and member of the Board Directors for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. (SMRLS)
- Past President of the Rice County and Fifth District Bar Associations
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- Qualified Rule 114 Neutral
- Past member of the Rice County Community Health Service Advisory Board
- Past Church of Sacred Heart – St. Lawrence Parish Council Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit
- Past chairperson of the Faribault Regional Center Board of Review
- Super Lawyer for thirteen years
- Top 40 Family Law Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law and Politics
- Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating
- Maintenance Divorce: Long term marriage. Case involved substantial non marital assets. Included valuation of dental professional practice. Lump sum buyout of wife's spousal maintenance claim
- Child Custody Action: Successfully tried parenting time case defeating father's claims for 50/50 parenting time. Secured guideline child support
- Conservatorship: Successfully tried conservator's petition to make Last Will and Testament for protected party who died during the pendency of the litigation
- High Asset Divorce: Long term marriage. Case involved significant valuation of real estate and personal property issues. Secured cash award to spouse payable within 24 months
- Antenuptial Agreement: Represented farmer with net worth 7 million dollars in negotiation and preparation of premarital agreement which limited spousal maintenance and provided transfer of assets on death to his heirs.
- Guardianship: Successfully tried guardianship proceedings establishing incapacity for 21 year old diagnosed with Schizophrenia
- Trust: Successfully managed and distributed Trust assets in excess of 10 million dollars. Continue to manage sub trust with assets exceeding $750,000
- Farm Divorce: Represented wife in dissolution involving numerous farms. Secured substantial cash and real estate settlement with lease back options to former spouse
- Closely Held Business Divorce: Represented owner of closely held construction company with valuation exceeding 5 million dollars. Case involved business valuation, tax planning, and spousal maintenance claims
- Child Custody/Divorce: Complex dissolution with non marital claims. Custody and parenting time disputes submitted to custody evaluation. Parties participated in mediation. Joint physical and legal custody, structured parenting time arrangement negotiated
- Estate: Successfully defeated claims of undue influence and coercion in drafting Last Will and Testament. Nominated Personal Representative confirmed and estate distributed pursuant to terms of Last Will and Testament
- St. John's University, Collegeville, MN – B.A. magna cum laude
- Super Lawyers: 2001 - 2004, 2006 - 2023