Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Fergus Falls, MinnesotaAhlgren Law Office, PLLC
Erik Ahlgren is the principal attorney at The Ahlgren Law Office, PLLC, in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. A large part of his practice involves acting as a bankruptcy trustee appointed through the United States Trustee’s Office. He also acts as a receiver or assignee on a regular basis and has been appointed as a successor trustee of a trust in a probate matter and as special master to resolve disputes in the liquidation of a large, family held farming operation. In each of those capacities, He regularly administers and sells estate assets, which necessarily involves a valuation, marketing and division of assets.
Mr. Ahlgren has more than 33 years of experience representing clients with bankruptcy matters and commercial transactions, including providing sound and knowledgeable counsel. He is responsive and accessible, handling each case in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. Using his extensive experience in the business law field, he provides personalized solutions for each client’s unique case. Among his relevant experience:
• Appointed special master to partition the assets of Becker Farms of Park Rapids and to resolve disputes between two brothers and their families regarding the partition of assets and ancillary cross claims. See Becker v. Becker, Court File No. 29-CV-18-78.
• Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors of the Ashby Farmer’s Co-Operative Elevator Company, Court File No. 26-CV-18-277. After it was discovered that Jerry Hennessey embezzled in excess of $5.4 million to pay for personal expenditures, including hunting safaris, taxidermy and the purchase and improvement of real estate, I was appointed assignee in the assignment for the benefit of creditors with responsibility to investigate the losses and liquidate assets, including the commencement of avoidance actions and other liability actions against Hennessey’s, officers and directors of the Co-Op and recipients of the embezzled funds.
• Bankruptcy Trustee for McM, Inc., North Dakota Bky No. 17-30061. McM, Inc. was a farming operation that, at its peak, farmed in excess of 50,000 acres in Northeastern North Dakota. In total, we collected and distributed in excess of $9 million in crop proceeds.
• Chapter 11 Trustee for The Douglas Place, Inc., Bky No. 11-61065, during which time I oversaw continuing operations of the business and the eventual sale of assets through approval of a liquidating plan of reorganization.
• Appointed successor trustee with responsibility to sell a large commercial building as a resolution to litigation between the beneficiaries of the trust. See In re the Matter of the Revocable Living Trust of Marlys J. Anderson, Court File No. 56-CV-18-1096.
• Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors of Prairie River Minerals, LLC, Court File No. 31-CV-22-130. Prairie River Minerals, LLC was a scram mining operation that had set up a demonstration plant to take tailings from past mining operations and run them through a process to extract additional iron ore from the tailings. I was appointed as assignee to oversee, market and sell the operation.
He earned his doctorate in jurisprudence from the University of Michigan Law School and graduated cum laude. He is admitted to practice in the states of Minnesota and North Dakota.
An active member in renowned legal associations, Mr. Ahlgren has memberships in the Minnesota State Bar Association, the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and the State Bar Association of North Dakota. He has received many positive reviews and testimonials from his happy clients as well as endorsements from his peers.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Business Litigation, Business/Corporate
Bankruptcy Law, Business Formation and Planning, Contracts
- 70% Bankruptcy: Business
- 10% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 1988, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://ahlgrenlaw.net/attorneys
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors
- Avoidance Actions
Office location for Erik Ahlgren
220 West Washington Ave
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024