Top rated criminal defense attorney in Golden Valley, MinnesotaBruno Law, PLLC
Attorney Carolyn Agin-Bruno is a senior partner with Bruno Law, PLLC, which has office locations in Minneapolis and Duluth, Minnesota. Nationally recognized as one of the country's top criminal defense attorneys, Ms. Agin-Bruno has achieved unprecedented success advocating on behalf of those who stand accused or are under investigation for virtually any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
Throughout the course of her more than 30 years practicing law, Ms. Agin-Bruno has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and not-guilty verdicts for her clients in state and federal courts as well as many appellate victories. An effective negotiator as well as a tenacious trial attorney, she aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those she serves while treating them with the compassion and dignity they deserve.
Her skills and unmatched legal acumen have earned Ms. Agin-Bruno praise from both her clients and peers alike. Among her most notable accolades, she has received an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell since 2001, and she earned Superb ratings on AVVO as well as the site's Clients' Choice Award. In addition, the Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics named her among the "Top 40 MN Criminal Lawyers" and as one of the "Top 100 Women Super Lawyers."
A graduate of Western Michigan University, Ms. Agin-Bruno completed a study program abroad at Regents College in London, England. She then attended William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law), where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1990. The Minnesota State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Regarded as a leader in her field, Ms. Agin-Bruno has conducted numerous lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of topics related to criminal law. She has also served as president of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association Criminal Law Section and board member of the Hennepin County Sheriff Foundation, among her many other professional affiliations. Ms. Agin-Bruno is also the co-founder of Juris Divas, which supports local women attorneys and judges.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Overdrawn bank account, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 60% Criminal defense
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1990, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://brunolaw.com/the-firm/carolyn-agin-bruno
- Planning Committee & Regular Speaker, MN Criminal Justice Institute, 2004 - present
- Presenter, CLE topics for: MN CLE, MN Criminal Justice Institute and Solo Small Firm conference, Guns in Minnesota, and other CLEs and Webcasts; Minnesota State Bar Assoc./Criminal Section; MN Institute of Legal Education
- Keynote Speaker, Minnesota Institute of Legal Education
- Associate Editor & Co-Author: DUI In Minnesota, Minnesota CLE
- Keystone Speaker, Minnesota CLE, Minnesota Criminal Justice Institute
- Associate Editor & Co-Author: DUI In Minnesota, Minnesota CLE
- Corporate training: "How not to get a DWI," Cargill Inc.
- Adjunct Instructor, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1995 - 1998
- Conflicts Panel Attorney, Federal Public Defender, 1997 - Present
- Keystone Speaker, Minnesota State Bar Assoc./Criminal Section
- Treasurer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2003-2004
- President, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ('14/'15)
- Section Chair, Criminal Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2004-2005
- Secretary, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Treasurer, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- VP, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ('14/'15)
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 1991
- Member, Board of Directors, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Legislative and Fundraising Committees, 2006 - 2017
- Minnesota District Court, 1990
- Chair, MN State Bar Association: Criminal Law Section, 2004/2005
- Member, Federal Public Defender Panel, 2002 - Present
- Member, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- President, Board of Directors, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Legislative and Fundraising Committees, 2015 - 2016.
- Member, Board of Directors & Treasurer, ALPHA Human Services, 1995-2004
- Emergency Interim Legal Counsel, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Appointed by the United States Department of Justice through the Minneapolis Division to act as interim legal counsel when agents are involved in critical incidents, 2005 - Present
- Secretary Treasurer, MN State Bar Association: Criminal Law Section, 2003
- Member, Warren Burger Inn of Court
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association & Hennepin County &11th District Bar Association: Criminal Law Section
- Member, Assembly Representative, Minnesota State Bar Association Board of Governors: Criminal Law Section, 2005/2006
- Member, Planning Committee, Minnesota Criminal Justice Institute, 2004 - Present
- Founder and Trained Mediator - "Alliance Mediation Services", 1994
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- "200 People to Know in the Twin Cities," Twin Cities Business Magazine
- Top 100 Women Super Lawyers,” Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics, 2005
- "Top 40 MN Criminal Lawyers" - MN Journal of Law & Politics, 2002 - present
- "Super Lawyer," Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine, Twin Cities Business Monthly Magazine, MN Journal Law & Politics Magazine, 2000 - Present
- "Rising Star Attorney" - MN Journal of Law and Politics, 1998
- AV rated (highest rating) - Martindale-Hubbell, 2001 - present
- Named one of the "200 Minnesotans You Should Know" - Twin Cities Business Magazine, 2010
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale-Hubbell, 2004 - present
- Volunteer Attorney, Chrysalis Center for Women, 1994 - 1999
- Board Member, Hennepin County Sheriff Foundation, 2015-2017
- Co-Founder, Juris Divas, 2003 - Present, Group for women lawyers and judges to provide networking and camaraderie. Juris Divas has raised thousands of dollars for charities that benefit women and children
- Volunteer, Minnesota Humane Society, 1994 - 1995
- Fundraiser, Phoenix Group, Group designed to help the disenfranchised in the Phillips Neighborhood. This group received an award from Newsweek Magazine presented at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. 1994 - 1996
- Western Michigan University, B.A. in Finance and Communications, 1987
- Regents College, London, England, Study of American/Anglo-Saxon Law, 1988
Office location for Carolyn Agin-Bruno
4272 Dahlberg Dr
Golden Valley Executive Center
Golden Valley, MN 55422