Julie K. Seymour
Top rated Family Law attorney in Lakeville, MinnesotaSeymour Family Law
The founder of Seymour Family Law, Julie K. Seymour focuses her practice on family law, handling the following matters: divorce, including same-sex divorces, custody, child support, spousal maintenance and property division. Julie also focuses her practice on post decree modification issues including custody, parenting time and spousal maintenance. Most of Julie's cases include high incomes or asset values. Julie also assists families with the drafting of premarital agreements, health care directives, powers of attorney, wills and estate planning, third-party custody, adoption, protection orders, paternity, Ms. Seymour has presented a number of family law cases to the Minnesota Court of Appeals, successfully.
Ms. Seymour knows that family law matters can be extremely stressful and emotional, especially when it involves children. She helps people put aside those emotions and understand their rights and options. This allows them to make decisions that meet their family's needs and reduce the risk of conflict.
As well as being an attorney, Ms. Seymour is a mediator and conducts both Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluations.
After graduating from Minnesota State University at Mankato with a BS in Political Science, Ms. Seymour decided to pursue a career in law. She attended Drake University Law School and received a Juris Doctor. Ms. Seymour is admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota and the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
In 2010, Ms. Seymour was presented with a pro bono award from the 1st Judicial District Court, recognizing her volunteers services. She serves as Vice President on the Board of Directors for the Dakota County Bar Association; her experience as a mediator and early neutral evaluator was exceptionally useful while she is a member of the Early Case Management Steering Committee for Scott and Carver counties; and she volunteers her time to the Family Court Self Help Center for Dakota and Scott County.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Appeals, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 80% Family Law
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2003, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://seymourfamilylaw.com/who-we-are/julie-k-seymour/
- Minnesota State University-Mankato, B.S.
- Active Volunteer, Dakota County Family Law Self Help Center
- Active Volunteer, Scott Couny Self Help Center
- Welsh v. Welsh, 775 N.W.2d 364, 2009
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral: Listed on the Minnesota Supreme Court Roster as a Family Law Mediator and Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluator
- First Judicial District Pro Bono Award Recipient, First Judicial District Bar Association, 2010
- Dakota County Conciliation Court Referee, 2022
- Board of Directors, Dakota County Bar Association, 2010
- Vice-President, Dakota County Bar Association
- Evaluator, Dakota County Social and Financial Early Neutral Evaluation Program
- Member, Scott and Carver County Early Case Management Steering Committee
- Evaluator, Scott and Carver County Financial Early Neutral Evaluation Program
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association Board Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Family Law And Appellate Section)
Office location for Julie K. Seymour
10585 165th St W
Lakeville, MN 55044
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2012, 2014 - 2016