Douglas J. Christensen
Top rated intellectual property attorney in Maple Grove, MinnesotaChristensen, Fonder, Dardi & Herbert PLLC
As a founding partner of the Minneapolis, Minnesota, boutique firm Christensen Fonder, P.A., patent attorney Douglas J. Christensen represents clients throughout the U.S. in cases pertaining to intellectual property, particularly in patents and trademarks. Armed with three decades of experience in patent law, trademark law, and litigation he aggressively represents his clients in protecting and developing their intellectual property. He focuses his practice on matters of licensing, trademarks, and national and foreign patent prosecution and litigation. He also assists clients with analysis of competitors patents and patent portfolios.
After he obtained his Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from the University of Minnesota, Mr. Christensen went on to work in equipment design and as a drilling engineer in the natural resources field. After opting to continue his education and deepen his knowledge of his field, he obtained his law degree from the Hamline University School of Law in Minnesota in 1985. He subsequently worked with two other midsized firms in Minneapolis and became a named partner at both.
Mr. Christensen has a solid background in the mechanical, electromechanical, medical device and semiconductor manufacturing industries. He represents and advises global leaders in several industries, the representation includes obtaining patents for them throughout the world.
Mr. Christensen has first chaired a significant number of trials and arbitrations and has a extraordinary success rate of obtaining favorable outcomes for his clients in patent disputes.
Mr. Christensen is admitted to practice in Minnesota as well as before the 8th Circuit and the Federal Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Court in the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Highly involved in his niche field, he belongs to a number of professional organizations, including the Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Intellectual property litigation, Real estate: business
Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 70% Intellectual property
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1985, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.cfd-ip.com/attorney/christensen-douglas-j/
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Minnesota
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Member, American Intellectual Property Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Member, Minnesota Intellectual Property Association
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Doug has lead or participated in the intellectual property due diligence reviews in four significant mergers.
- University of Minnesota, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 1977
- American Society Of Mechanical Engineers
Office location for Douglas J. Christensen
11322 86th Ave N
Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2008, 2012 - 2022