Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Maple Grove, MN
Jennifer Nixon is a family law attorney and a partner at Perusse Nixon in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Ms. Nixon represents clients throughout Minnesota in divorce matters. She has several years of experience and has handled many complex divorce matters over the course of her legal career.
Dedicated to providing compassionate and personalized service, Ms. Nixon is trained in collaborative law by the Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota. She uses this training to help clients achieve amicable settlements to their divorce actions. When settlement is not possible, she is a skilled advocate in the courtroom, ready to fight for the best interest of her clients.
Ms. Nixon graduated summa cum laude from the University of Minnesota with a bachelor’s degree in criminology and political science. She earned her law degree from William Mitchell College of Law, now known as Mitchell Hamline School of Law. She gained practical legal experience while attending law school by serving as a research assistant for the dean of the law school. She holds a license to practice law before all Minnesota state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Nixon is a member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, Minnesota Women Lawyers and Collaborative Divorce Minnesota. She volunteers with the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Wills for Heroes and is a former board member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota and past president of Business Network International’s Full Circle chapter.
About Jennifer Nixon
First Admitted: 2011, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://perussenixon.com/jennifer-nixon-attorney-profile/
- Research Assistant, Dean of the William Mitchell College of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Wills for Heroes
- BNI, Full Circle Chapter, President 2018 - 2019
- Collaborative Law Institute, Board Member, 2015 - 2017
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Collaborative Law Institute, Member, Board Member 2015-2017
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- New Collaborative Training, Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- Kriesel v. Rossman, A19-0712 (Minn. Ct. App. 2019)
- Madden v. Madden, 923 N.W.2d 688 (Minn. Ct. App. 2019)
- Kriesel v. Rossman, A18-0212 (Order Opinion, Minn. Ct. App. 2018)
- Kriesel v. Rossman, A17-0117 (Minn. Ct. App. 2017)
- University of Minnesota - Duluth, B.A. in Criminology and Political Science, summa cum laude, 2007
Last Updated: 5/15/2022