Shannon L. Ort
Top rated family law attorney in Maple Grove, MinnesotaTerzich & Ort, LLP
A co-founder and partner of Terzich & Ort, LLP, located in Maple Grove, Minnesota, Shannon L. Ort provides innovative solutions to her clients throughout the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metropolitan area. Her practice is focused exclusively in the area of family law, including divorce, property division, child custody and support, and spousal maintenance.
Ms. Ort graduated magna cum laude with her Bachelor of Arts in legal studies and criminal justice from Hamline University in 1998. She then went on to attend what was then known as William Mitchell College of Law in Saint Paul and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2001. After graduation, Ms. Ort was an associate with two other law firms before co-founding her current firm. She is admitted to practice before all Minnesota and Wisconsin state courts, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
The dedication that Ms. Ort shows to her clients, as well as her high degree of ethics has not gone unrecognized by her fellow attorneys. She has been named to the American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, and she has received an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo. Ms. Ort has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America directory.
Ms. Ort is frequently invited to speak to law school students about family law topics. She is an active participant in the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations. Ms. Ort is also a member of the North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce and gives back to her community by providing pro bono services through the Hennepin County District Court's unbundled legal services program.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2001, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.tolawoffice.com/attorney/shannon-l-ort/
- Rule 114 family law neutral
- Best Lawyers In America - 2015
- Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law and Politics, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Marquis Who's Who, 2007 - 2008
- Maple Grove, MN Attorney of the Year - 2015
- Top Lawyer in Minnesota, Minnesota Monthly Magazine, January 2014
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, 2006-2011
- Top 40 under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- "Rising Star" by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Hennepin County Unbundled Legal Services Program, 2009 - Present
- North Hennepin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Wisconsin, 2002
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota, 2001
- ABA, Member, 2001 - Present
- U.S. Federal Courts, 2001
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- U.S. District Court, 2001
- Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A. magna cum laude, Majors: Criminal Justice and Legal Studies, 1998
- Guest Speaker at William Mitchell College of Law, 2007
Office location for Shannon L. Ort
11284 86th Ave. N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369