Steven H. Snyder
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Maple Grove, MN
Steven H. Snyder is the founder of Steven H. Snyder & Associates, with offices in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Representing clients throughout the state, he divides his practice primarily between the areas of family law and estate planning, with a special focus on cases involving assisted reproduction, including surrogacy, egg donation, embryo donation and adoption.
Mr. Snyder was awarded a Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1982. Before going to law school, he attended the University of St. Thomas, from where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English magna cum laude in 1974. He then worked as an English teacher at Stillwater High School before pursuing his legal education. Mr. Snyder is admitted to practice in Minnesota and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Mr. Snyder understands exactly how important helping people with their reproductive and family law needs is. He is passionate in his practice, working closely with each client to help them work toward achieving the successful results they deserve. Mr. Snyder also helps his clients with other family law matters, including divorce, child custody and associated issues.
An active member of the legal community, Mr. Snyder is a member of the Section of Family Law of the American Bar Association, as well as the ABA's Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law. He is also an active participant in the Minnesota State and Hennepin County Bar associations, and he has frequently been asked to speak before groups of fellow attorneys on assisted reproductive technology and other family law topics. Mr. Snyder has also received an AV* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
**AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
About Steven H. Snyder
First Admitted: 1982, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.snyderlawfirm.com/StevenSnyder.html
- Reproductive & Genetic Technology Committee, Family Law Section of the American Bar Association, Vice-Chair
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Sub-Committee, 2001 Minnesota Legislative Task Force To evaluate the 2000 Uniform Parentage Act, Co-Chair
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Law Practice Management, Family Law Sections), Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1982
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Probate and Trust Law, Real Property Sections), Member
- Minnesota, 1982
- “Assisted Reproductive Technology: What Every Family Law Attorney Should Know”, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Annual Probate and Trust Law Conference, 2002
- “The Difference Between U.S. and European Ovum Donor Programs: Paternalism versus Self-Determination”, Third Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, London, England,2005
- “Can Private Ovum Donation Agencies and Fertility Clinics Coexist in an Imperfect Universe?”, ASRM Convention, Montreal,Canada, 2005
- “International Fertility Tourism: Why Patients Cross International Borders, and What Can Happen When They Do”, Fourth Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006
- Intended Parents, Ovum Donors, and the Children They Create: What Ethical Duties Do We Owe, and to Whom?, Fifth Annual International Ovum Donation Conference, Buck County, Pennsylvania
- Assisted Reproductive Technology, Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- Legislation to Govern Assisted Reproductive Technologies Introduced and Lobbied in 2002 and 2003 Sessions of the Minnesota Legislature
- “The Blessed Trinity and Beyond: Third-Party 'Contract'-ions,” a Series of Articles on Surrogacy Agreements, RESOLVE Quarterly Newsletter, Fall, 2005
- “The Use of Pre-Birth Parentage Orders in Surrogacy Proceedings,”, ABA Family Law Quarterly, Fall, 2005
- “Assisted Reproductive Technology: What Every Family Law Attorney Should Know”, Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Annual Family Law Conference, 2002
- McNattin v. McNattin, 450N.W.2d169 (Minnesota Appellate 1990)
- University of St. Thomas, St Paul, MN, 1974 B.A. Honors: Magna Cum Laude Major: English
Last Updated: 12/4/2020