Susan T. Peterson-Lerdahl
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Maple Grove, MinnesotaHenningson & Snoxell, Ltd.
As a shareholder at Henningson & Snoxell, Ltd., Susan T. Peterson-Lerdahl focuses her practice on estate planning and administration along with other aspects of elder law. She is based in the firm’s offices in Maple Grove, Minnesota, and she represents clients throughout the greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area. Ms. Peterson-Lerdahl has been admitted to practice in Minnesota since 2002, and she is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Ms. Peterson-Lerdahl boasts some impressive academic achievements. As an undergraduate, she attended St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, and she majored in English and Spanish and received a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude in 1986. After obtaining a Master of Arts summa cum laude in English and American literature from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, in 1988, she subsequently enrolled at what was then known as William Mitchell College of Law, and she subsequently was awarded her Juris Doctor summa cum laude. After she graduated, Ms. Peterson-Lerdahl served a clerkship with a judge on the Minnesota Supreme Court before entering private practice.
In her estate planning practice, Ms. Peterson-Lerdahl prepares wills, all types of living and irrevocable trusts, advance medical directives, and health care and financial powers of attorney. She tailors each document to the particular objectives and circumstances of each individual client, often with an eye to avoiding probate and minimizing the impact of state and federal estate taxes. When there is a will that is subject to probate, she guides heirs, beneficiaries and executors through what can often be a confusing process. Ms. Peterson-Lerdahl’s experience has also encompassed Medicaid planning and long-term care alternatives.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 90% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Elder law
First Admitted: 2002, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.hennsnoxlaw.com/attorneys/susan-t-peterson
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2008-2010, 2012 Editions, 2016
- Official Immunity Survives for IIED Police Misconduct: But Should It?, William Mitchell Law Review, 2002
- The Price of Admission: Liability and Responsibility for Nursing Home Expenses, Bench & Bar, May/June, 2009
- Opening Probate Estates: What I’ve Learned from Experience, Hearsay, Fall, 2005
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, M.A., Summa Cum Laude
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
Office location for Susan T. Peterson-Lerdahl
6900 Wedgwood Road
Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2010, 2012