Aaron D. Sampsel
Top rated Professional Liability attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaChristensen Law Office PLLC
Practice Areas: Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 2016
Education: Mitchell Hamline School of Law
Christensen Law Office PLLC305 N 5th Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401 Visit website
An attorney and senior associate with Christensen Law Office PLLC, Aaron D. Sampsel represents lawyers and law firms in Minnesota. His practice is focused on professional liability issues, including disciplinary defense and legal ethics consulting, and he has experience in the public sector as an attorney with the Minnesota Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility. He also supports the firm's business litigation and intellectual property practice.
After earning an undergraduate degree, Mr. Sampsel earned his Juris Doctor from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in 2016. While in law school, he earned a CALI Award and was on the dean’s list. He was also a staff member and editor of the Mitchell Hamline Law Review. Since graduating from law school, he has given many CLEs on legal ethics and teaches as an adjunct professor at his alma mater.
Admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota, Mr. Sampsel is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. Before his career as an attorney, he gained experience working in the consumer deposit compliance and retail banking industry.
Mr. Sampsel is an active participant in the local legal community as a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and he sits on the MSBA's Rules of Professional Conduct Committee. He is also a member of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers and the American Bar Association's Center for Professional Responsibility.
Practice areasProfessional Liability: Defense
Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- 100% Professional Liability: Defense
First Admitted: 2016, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.clawoffice.com/team/aaron-sampsel/
- Admitted to State of Minnesota, 2016.
- Admitted to U.S District Court, District of Minnesota, 2016.
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 2016.
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2017.
- MSBA Rules of Professional Regulation Committee, Member (2019-present).
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, Member (2016-present).
- American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility, Member (2016-present).
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member (2016-present).
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member (2016-present).
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Member (2016-present).
- National Organization of Bar Counsel, Member (2017-2018).
- MSBA Fourth District Ethics Committee, Volunteer Investigator (2017-2018).
- FDIC Money Smart Junior Banking Ambassador Program Volunteer, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (2011).
- Editor, Mitchell Hamline Law Review, Vol. 42
- Staff Member, William Mitchell Law Review, Vol. 41
- CALI Award Recipient
- Dean's List
- Burton Award Nominee
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2018-present)
- Presenter, "Ethics for the Public Lawyer: Duty of Candor," Minnesota Attorney General's Office, April, 2023
- Presenter, "Ethics Year in Review: 2022," Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series, April, 2023
- Presenter, "Ethics, a Year in Review," Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series April, 2022
- Presenter, "Ethics Developments in 2020: A Year in Review," Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series April, 2021
- Presenter, "2019 in Hindsight: Ethics Case Law Update," Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series February, 2020
- Presenter, "Your First Ethics Complaint: What Not to Do," 2019 New Lawyers Leadership Conference November, 2019
- Author, “Professional Quandaries and Quagmires – Attorney Liens: What You Can and Cannot Claim” Minnesota Lawyer Sept. 30, 2019
- Presenter, "Tips & Tricks for DEC Chairs in Ethics Investigations,” Annual District Ethics Committee Chairs Symposium May, 2019
- Presenter, “Ethics and the Duty to Report,” Ramsey County Attorney’s Office CLE April, 2019
- Presenter, “Major Ethics Developments in 2018,” Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series April, 2019
- Presenter, “Ethics & Fee Agreements - Practice Management Pointers,” Collaborative Community Law Initiative CLE December, 2018
- Presenter, “The Ethics Refresher for Family Law Practitioners,” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - MN Chapter November, 2018
- Presenter, “Disciplinary Update: A Synopsis of Recent Discipline Cases,” 10th Judicial District Annual Judicial Clerk CLE October, 2018
- Presenter, “Ethics: Lessons Learned from the Mistakes of Others - A Synopsis of Recent Discipline Cases,” Minnesota CLE Webcast August, 2018
- Presenter, “Top 20 Things All Criminal Law Attorneys Should Remember About Ethics,” 2018 Criminal Justice Institute August, 2018
- Presenter, “Top 20 Things All Probate & Trust Attorneys Should Remember About Ethics,” 2018 Probate & Trust Law Section Conference June, 2018
- Presenter, “Major Ethics Developments in 2017,” Anne W. Grande Law Library CLE Series May, 2018
- Presenter, “Ethics Update for Family Law Attorneys,” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - MN Chapter April, 2018
- Juris Doctor, Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 2016
- Represented seller in sale of $1.2 million commercial property, 2021
- Negotiated favorable terms for majority shareholder in buyout of remaining members, 2020
- Successfully overcame inquiry of client's trust account overdraft resulting in dismissal without further investigation, 2022
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of defendant in copyright infringement matter, 2022
- Negotiated resolution of commercial debt on behalf of debtor to less than 1% of the claimed debt due, 2022
- Successfully defended motion to dismiss client's FDCPA claim in wrongful foreclosure matter, 2022
- Negotiated resolution of commercial debt on behalf of creditor for 100% of the debt owed, 2022
- Obtained order protecting disclosure of attorney-client communications and work product of former attorney in charitable trust litigation, 2021
- Obtained dismissal of claims, and awarded sanctions against plaintiff, on behalf of attorney expert witness in federal civil rights action, 2021
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national manufacturing client on claims of consumer fraud and price gouging, 2021
- Successfully overcame inquiry of client's trust account overdraft resulting in dismissal without further investigation, 2021
- Represented attorney in successfully establishing and enforcing attorney lien in commercial property transaction, 2020
- Successfully overcame inquiry of client's trust account overdraft resulting in dismissal without further investigation, 2020
- Represented attorney in defeating an attorney lien claim of prior counsel for failure to follow notice requirements of lien statute, 2020
- Obtained preliminary injunction for trademark infringement on behalf of national client related to the sale of consumer goods, 2018
- Obtained dismissal of foreclosure action for creditor's failure to provide accurate reinstatement quotes to mortgagor, 2017
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of defendant on claims of trademark infringement, false advertisement, declaratory relief, and trademark cancellation, 2017
- Successfully overcame descriptiveness refusal by USPTO in trademark registration proceeding on behalf of manufacturing client, 2017
Office location for Aaron D. Sampsel
305 N 5th Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023