Andrew J. Noel
Top Rated Civil Rights Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2015
A highly regarded trial lawyer, Andrew J. Noel is a partner at Robins Kaplan LLP. Located in the firm's flagship Minneapolis office, he represents clients throughout Minnesota and across the country. Admitted to practice in Minnesota since 2002, Mr. Noel is also admitted to practice in Wisconsin, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota.
A significant portion of Mr. Noel's practice encompasses civil rights violations that have harmed his clients. These have included excessive force cases involving police and correctional officers, and he has successfully sued the city of Saint Paul and other jurisdictions. Some of Mr. Noel's representative results have included a $20 million award for the family members of a woman who was gunned down by a Minneapolis police officer, $2 million on behalf of a client who was attacked by a Saint Paul police officer and a K-9 police dog, and $1.8 million in a civil rights case stemming from a jail suicide.
Mr. Noel also has an active personal injury and wrongful death litigation practice, representing people who have incurred economic and noneconomic losses as a result of the negligence of other parties. His caseload has included premises liability, truck and other motor vehicle crashes, and litigation related to the 2007 collapse of the Interstate 35W bridge in Minneapolis. Mr. Noel has been able to obtain significant compensation for these clients as well, including a settlement in excess of $8 million in a wrongful death action involving a defective drain in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club. He obtained his legal education at what was then known as Hamline University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2002.
About Andrew J. Noel
First Admitted: 2002, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.robinskaplan.com/professionals/n/andrew-noel
- $3.5 million; Gustafson v. Pederson Hennepin County District Court (2018)
- $20 million; Ruszczyk v. Noor, et al. U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota (2019)
- $2.99+ million; Castile v. Village of St. Anthony (2017)
- $1.8 million; Huber v. Sobiech, et al. U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota (2019)
- $2 million; Baker v. City of St. Paul, et al. U. S. District Court, District of Minnesota (2017)
- $8+ million; Taylor v. Minneapolis Golf Club Hennepin County District Court, Minnesota (2008)
- Named Attorney of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer (2014)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2005-2015)
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers (2016-2018)
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Mitchell Hamline University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022