Anne R. Haaland
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Anne Haaland is a family law attorney at and shareholder of the law firm of Henson & Efron, P.A. She advises clients regarding family law issues such as divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, spousal maintenance, property division, alimony, paternity, prenuptial agreements, and post-decree modifications.
Ms. Haaland takes the time to listen to her clients to truly understand their circumstances and goals. Once she understands the facts and objectives, she empowers her clients by helping them understand what their legal options are and helping them choose the best path forward to achieve their goals. From there, Ms. Haaland executes the plan developed with the client, skillfully advocating for the client every step of the way, showing intentionality and an intimate knowledge of the facts with each argument. Family law takes extreme intuitiveness – knowing when and how to press forward with persistence to gain the best possible outcome for your client and their family. With her genuine approach and deep understanding, Ms. Haaland designs creative solutions for complex problems and provides peace of mind for her clients during a challenging time of transition.
Ms. Haaland developed her research and writing skills during her time at the University of South Dakota, where she graduated magna cum laude with her Bachelor of Arts as an English Major. An active member of Phi Beta Kappa at the University, she was also the USD Writing Center’s student director and the SERVE president. She then pursued her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University at Buffalo School of Law, graduating from the Civil Litigation Concentration and Family Law Program in 2012. After law school, she was a law clerk in Hennepin County Family Court for nearly three years where she worked on thousands of different family law cases before joining Henson Efron, P.A.
Ms. Haaland has been recognized as a 2020 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, 2021 & 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Family Law, and Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition since 2017.
Ms. Haaland is an involved member of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Family Law Section. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Volunteer Lawyers Network and volunteers for the organization’s Family Law Legal Advice Clinic. She has been honored by the Minnesota State Bar Association for her commitment to pro bono service on an annual basis since 2019. She has authored and co-authored articles on important legal topics in addition to providing continuing legal education seminars.
About Anne R. Haaland
First Admitted: 2012, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/anne-r-haaland/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Board of Directors: External Affairs Committee and Family Law Committee, 2017 – Present
- Editor in Chief of The Buffalo Journal of Gender, Law & Social Policy, 2011-2012
- CLE Co-Presenter, Ethical Considerations and Best Practices When The Opposing Side Is A Self-Represented Litigant, March 2019, Co-Presenter
- CLE Co-Presenter, The Ethics of Working with Pro Se Litigants, May 2019, Co-Presenter
- Co-Author, “You Say You Want Temporary Relief…,” Family Law Forum, Vol. 23, No. 1, Winter 2014–2015
- Author, “Embracing the Strengths and Overcoming the Weaknesses of Child Protection Mediation,” 15 U.C. DAVIS J. JUV. L. & POL’Y 297, 2011
- Recognized in the 2021 & 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Family Law
- Phi Beta Kappa
- State University of New York, National Association of Women Lawyers Award Recipient, 2012
- Graduate of the Civil Litigation Concentration and Family Law Program at SUNY Buffalo Law School, 2012
- North Star Lawyer, Honored by Minnesota State Bar Association for commitment to pro bono service, 2019-2021
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® Edition, 2017-2022
- 2020 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer
- We are proud to announce that 22 of our attorneys have been honored by @BestLawyers for their excellence in the fie… https://t.co/d90U14ueJC
- Henson Efron is pleased to announce litigation attorney Benjamin Hamborg has been named a 2022 Up & Coming Attorney… https://t.co/0BLJDFZJPF
- We are extremely proud to announce 20 of our attorneys have been honored as 2022 Minnesota Super Lawyers or Rising… https://t.co/tvRNRZIOOo
- We are proud to announce that attorneys Christopher Burns, Joseph Dixon, Jaime Driggs, Alan Eidsness, Katy Graves,… https://t.co/dk0zoO94PT
- We've been named a 2022 Star Tribune Top Workplace. Thanks to all our employees who helped make this happen.… https://t.co/Zbi6bP4Hsl
Last Updated: 7/27/2022