Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008 - 2011, 2013 - 2015
Attorney Ben Lavoie is an associate with the Lindell and Lavoie LLP law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 15 years of legal experience, Mr. Lavoie provides exceptional advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the Twin Cities Metro and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Personal injury
· Medical malpractice
· FELA and FRSA railroad claims
· Section 1983 Civil Rights claims
· Workers' compensation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Lavoie has achieved significant success fighting for the rights and interests of his clients in state and federal courts across his region along with negotiating favorable settlements for those he has served. Among his most notable accomplishments, he helped secure a $4 settlement for a disabled client in a medical malpractice case and a verdict of well over $1.3 million for the victim of a scooter accident.
Additionally, Mr. Lavoie has extensive experience handling appeals, and he successfully argued a landmark case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit regarding a workers' compensation issue where an employer willfully withheld compensation benefits from an injured employee.
No matter the issue his clients are facing or how complex their needs are, Mr. Lavoie delivers compassionate, highly personalized counsel and support, and he has earned a reputation for making his clients feel comfortable with his ability to explain complicated legal terms in a way that people can easily grasp. Recognized for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Lavoie has earned numerous accolades from his peers, and he has received many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2000 graduate of the University of Minnesota, Mr. Lavoie attended the Illinois Institute of Technology's Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and he has served with Lindell and Lavoie LLP for his entire career.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Lavoie is a member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Civil Rights
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Police Misconduct, Railroad Accident
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2011, 2013 - 2015
About Ben Lavoie
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.lindellandlavoie.com/about-us/ben-lavoie/
- Nunn v. Noodles & Company, and Zurich American Ins. Co., 674 F.3d 910 (8th Cir. 2012)
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Rising Star – Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2007-2011, 2013-2014
- Minnesota’s Rising Stars, by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, B.A. – 2000
Last Updated: 5/15/2022