Top rated business litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMesserli | Kramer
A shareholder at the Business Litigation Section of the law firm of Messerli | Kramer, Brendan Tupa helps clients in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with issues involving business litigation, commercial disputes, fiduciary disputes, shareholder claims, bankruptcy, creditors' remedies and equipment leasing.
Mr. Tupa never backs down from a challenge and likes to take on complex cases that other attorneys shy away from. With his experience handling cases both inside and outside the courtroom, he is knowledgeable in various aspects of the law, from contract disputes to product liability cases.
After graduating with a B.A. in economics from the University of Jamestown, Mr. Tupa earned his J.D. from the Mitchell Hamline School of Law in 2004. While in law school, he was awarded the distinction of being a Collegiate All-American scholar and participated in the Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court Competition. He was also a certified student attorney during that time.
Mr. Tupa is certified in civil trial law by the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) and is a rule 114 qualified neutral. He is also a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter and certified as an AAA Arbitrator for Minnesota no-fault crimes. He has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
Active in his community, Mr. Tupa is a member of MSBA, the Minnesota State Board of Legal Certification and the Minnesota No-Fault Arbitration Standing Committee. He is the former vice president of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and currently serves on its board of directors. He is licensed to practice in Minnesota, North Dakota, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Brendan Tupa is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil litigation: defense, General litigation
Non-compete agreements, Arbitration, Mediation
- 70% Business litigation
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://messerlikramer.com/professional/brendan-tupa/
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company Safeco Insurance Company
- Rising Star, Minnesota Law & Politics/Super Lawyers, 2010
- Political Science Merit Award, Jamestown College
- Collegiate All-American, William Mitchell College of Law
- University of Jamestown Athletic Hall of Fame 2018
- Board Member, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA), 2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Civil Trial Board Member
- Minnesota Board of Legal Certification, Board Member
- Minnesota No-Fault Arbitration Standing Committee, Board Member
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Vice President
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- North Dakota
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, 2016
- AAA Arbitrator for Minnesota No-Fault Claims
- Rule 114 Qualified Neutral
- MSBA Certified Civil Trial Specialist, 2018
- Successfully defended an appeal of a summary judgment on a dog bite case in Hennepin County., 2018
- Successfully defended an appeal of a no-threshold automobile accident case from Stearns County., 2018
- Achieved a complete defense verdict in Carver County in a personal injury case arising from a motor vehicle accident., 2018
- Defended a personal injury case arising from a motor vehicle accident in Hennepin County where jury verdict came in significantly less than the last settlement demand., 2019
- Achieved a net zero jury verdict for failing to meet tort threshold in a personal injury case arising from a motor vehicle accident in Hennepin County., 2019
- Achieved a complete defense verdict in a jury trial over personal injuries arising from a motor vehicle accident in Hennepin County., 2019
- Successfully defended RFN case in a jury trial with a verdict significantly less than the last settlement demand., 2020
- And Hospitality.
- General Business
Office location for Brendan Tupa
100 South 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Certificates and credentials