Brett A. Perry
Top rated Banking attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMesserli | Kramer
Brett A. Perry is a business attorney, serving clients from the Minneapolis office of the law firm of Messerli | Kramer, which has two other locations in Saint. Paul and Plymouth, Minnesota. He assists clients in the Minneapolis and Saint. Paul metro with legal matters involving:
- Banking law
- Commercial financing
- Real estate transactions
- Creditors’ remedies
- Development and land use
- Corporate law
Mr. Perry has been certified as a Real Property Law Specialist by the Real Property Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He represents a diverse range of clients, including community banks, mortgage brokers, entrepreneurs and lenders in various real estate transactions. He strives to handle the transactions efficiently while managing the risks involved and trying alternative approaches to protect his clients’ interests.
Earning his undergraduate degree with a major in economics and psychology from St. Olaf College in 1991, Mr. Perry went on to obtain his Juris Doctor from the Mitchell Hamline School of Law in 1994. He was a dean’s list student and the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for excelling in commercial real estate transactions and property II classes. He is admitted to practice in Minnesota and the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Mr. Perry is an accomplished attorney with more than 25 years of experience in the legal arena. Having represented people from various backgrounds, he has helped numerous clients over the years with loan documentations, commercial lease arrangements, formation of common interest communities and more. He also serves as an adjunct professor of law, teaching commercial real estate transactions at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Maintaining an active presence in the legal circle and his local community, Mr. Perry is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate/Realtors, the Minnesota Multi Housing Association, the Minnesota Shopping Center Association and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties.
Practice areasBanking, Environmental, Real Estate: Business
Condominiums & Cooperatives, Environmental Law, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale
- 40% Banking
- 30% Environmental
- 30% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 1994, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://messerlikramer.com/professional/brett-a-perry/
- Presenter, “Commercial Lending Update” – Associated Bank, September 7, 2017
- Presenter, “Construction Lending” – KleinBank, November 15, 2012
- Presenter, “UCC Article 9 (2010 Amendments)” – KleinBank, January 16, 2013
- Adjunct Professor of Law, “Commercial Real Estate Transactions” – Hamline University School of Law, 1996-2015
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Commercial Real Estate Transactions, 1993 and Property II, 1994
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Property II, Hamline Law School, 1990
- Certified as a Real Property Specialist by the Real Property Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hotel owners, shopping center owners, office building owners, apartment owners, regional counsel for a national cell phone tower company, restaurant companies, residential developers, mortgage brokers wind farm developers and community banks.
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP)
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Member
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate (MNCAR)
- Member of the Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA)
- St. Olaf College, Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Psychology, 1987-1991
Office location for Brett A. Perry
100 South 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 1998
- Rising Stars: 1998, 2004, 2009
Certificates and credentials