Top rated employment & labor attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaBerens & Miller, P.A.
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Business litigation, Intellectual property litigation; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1999
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
Berens & Miller, P.A.3720 IDS Center
80 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402 Visit website
A partner at Minneapolis-based Berens & Miller, P.A., Carrie Zochert has established herself as a highly successful attorney representing her clients throughout Minnesota and across the nation. Ms. Zochert's legal practice is focused on the area of complex litigation involving business torts, intellectual property disputes, noncompete clauses, and federal and state employment law matters.
Ms. Zochert graduated cum laude with her Juris Doctor from what was then known as the William Mitchell College of Law and was admitted to practice in Minnesota in 1999. Following law school, Ms. Zochert gained invaluable experience by working as a law clerk in the Minnesota Court of Appeals for two judges. Ms. Zochert subsequently worked for several highly rated law firms before starting work at Berens & Miller, P.A., in 2007.
During her more than 20 years of practice, Ms. Zochert has developed a strong reputation as a dedicated and smart attorney among her clients, the bar and the judiciary. She has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell for her legal ethics and skills. She has successfully represented her clients in many complex litigation matters in state and federal courts, including successfully defending her client against a claim of religious discrimination at a jury trial and prevailing before a federal jury in a case involving claims of trademark infringement and trademark dilution.
Ms. Zochert has authored numerous scholarly writings in legal journals and has presented as a speaker at multiple continuing legal education conferences. She authored the Minnesota Contracts Deskbook and is actively involved in the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Hennepin County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ falls into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employer, Business litigation, Intellectual property litigation
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 50% Employment & labor: employer
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
First Admitted: 1999, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.berensmiller.com/Attorneys/Carrie-L-Zochert.shtm...
- South Dakota State University, South Dakota, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science
- AV Preeminent Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale Hubbell
- Juris doctor, cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 1999
- Law Clerk, Minnesota Court of Appeals, Hon. Sam Hanson, Hon. Randolph Peterson
- Tried religious discrimination action to favorable jury verdict for defense, 2010
- Prevailed in trademark infringement & trademark dilution dispute; tried to verdict with federal jury, 2017
- Eighth Circuit Admission, 2020
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2007
- Minnesota, 1999
- Author, Minnesota Contracts Deskbook Update to chapter., 2021
- ABA, Member Iqbal Task Force of the Pretrial Practice & Discovery Subcommittee of Section of Litigation; Member, Federal Bar Association
- Law firm Member: MSBA Minnesota Minority Clerkship Program, 2013
- American Bar Association, January 1, 2007 - Present, Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Bar Association, Hennepin Bar Association
- Updated chapter in Minnesota Contracts Deskbook, Author, Minnesota Contracts Deskbook, Minnesota CLE, 2021
- CLE course on contract law., Panel Member, Contract Law: Creating, Interpreting and Litigating Contracts in Minnesota , Minnesota CLE, Legal, 2019
- Law in Practice, University of Minnesota Law School, January 1, 2014 - April 25, 2014 , Adjunct professor, Law in Practice Course, 2014
- CLE Seminar/Speaker, Benefits & Liabilities of Criminal Background Checks, NAMWOLF, 2013
- Minnesota CLE course on contracts., Presenter, Minnesota Contracts Deskbook, Minnesota CLE, 2009
- Author, Minnesota Bar Association Contracts Deskbook, Chapter, 2009-2016
- Wage & Hour Law Across Five State Region, Presenter, Jackson Lewis CLE Breakfast Series, 2012
- Employment and Labor Law Update: Developing case, statutory, and administrative law, Presenter, Jackson Lewis CLE Breakfast Series, 2011
- Eighth Circuit Rules EEOC’s Pre-Suit Obligation Failure Warrants Dismissal of 67 Claimants from Case, Co-Author, 2012
- Authored article addressing benefits and potential liabilities for employers conducting criminal background checks., Author, Background Checks: Benefits & Liabilities, NAMWOLF, 2013
- Article addressing best practices for conducting background checks for employment purposes., Author, Best Practices for Employers Conducting Background Checks, DRI Newsletter, 2014
- Patent Troll's Allegations of Hub-and-Spoke Conspiracy to Monopsony Market in Violation of Antitrust Laws Survive Motion to Dismiss, Author, ABA, Section of Antitrust Law Newsletter, 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, Presenter, Minnesota Contracts Deskbook, 2016
Office location for Carrie Zochert
3720 IDS Center
80 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2019, 2022 - 2023