Chad A. Johnson
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 1999, 2001
I founded Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC in 1994, growing it from a two-person law firm to one of the 25 largest law firms in Minnesota. Clients choose Hellmuth & Johnson to solve their legal problems and get deals done.
I help my clients buy and sell businesses and real estate, guiding them from listing to purchase agreement to closing. Business and real estate deals often fall apart when buyers and sellers involve dealbreakers, who focus on transaction details instead of results. As a dealmaker, I help my clients, and all others involved in their deals, focus on the finish line: a successful closing.
Once the deal is done, or while we anticipate the next one, I help my business owner clients when they experience challenges in their business: everything from business structure, shareholder/partner disputes, contract drafting and negotiation, employment and non-compete issues, litigation, estate planning, asset protection and exit strategy. As a fellow business owner, I understand the day-to-day challenges that my business owner clients face.
Hellmuth & Johnson offers more than 20 distinct practice areas, including Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, Litigation, Construction, Estate Planning, Healthcare, IT and Technology, and Community Associations.
- 40%Real Estate: Business
- 40%Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2002 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 1999, 2001
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About Chad A. Johnson
First Admitted: 1992, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hjlawfirm.com/minneapolis-attorneys/chad-a-johnson/
- MSBA Board Certified Real Property Law Specialist
- St. Olaf College, B.A. in Economics
- Member, Real Property Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- One of twenty-four attorneys chosen to the 2019 list of business leaders. Also chosen to inaugural 2018 list., Minnesota 500 - Most Powerful Business Leaders in Minnesota, Minnesota Monthly (2019), 2019
- One of twenty-two attorneys chosen to the inaugural 2018 list of business leaders., Minnesota 500 - Most Powerful Business Leaders in Minnesota, Minnesota Monthly (2018), 2018
- Top 5% of Minnesota attorneys., Minnesota Super Lawyers® List, 2002-2019, 2019
- January 2018, Attorney of the Month, Attorney at Law Magazine, 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member, H&J Foundation, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022