Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Attorney Colin Peterson is an associate with the Ciresi Conlin LLP law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. A highly rated trial lawyer with more than eight years of experience, Mr. Peterson devotes his practice to fighting on behalf of those who suffered a serious injury or loss as the result of medical malpractice and other negligent medical care issues.
Serving clients throughout Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and surrounding areas, Mr. Peterson has become a trusted legal advocate for individuals and families during their times of need. He works hard to help his clients hold those responsible for their suffering accountable for their actions while aggressively pursuing the maximum amount of compensation possible for the damages they incurred. A compassionate counselor, he provides invaluable guidance and support to his clients during all stages of the legal process, remaining accessible at all times to address their questions and concerns.
From this high level of client commitment coupled with his extensive legal knowledge and skills, Mr. Peterson has secured numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients. Of note, he helped obtain a $1.3 million settlement for the family of a victim who died as the result of blood loss following surgery as well as a $5.6 million settlement for the family of a child who had suffered a hypoxic brain injury at birth that caused cerebral palsy and other neurological and developmental issues.
Moreover, Mr. Peterson secured a $9.1 million jury award for a man who became paralyzed as the result of an anesthesiologist’s error during his surgery. He also served on a team of attorneys who obtained a $6.85 million verdict for a woman whose back surgery paralyzed her.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Peterson has received numerous accolades from his peers along with many positive reviews and testimonials from his satisfied and highly appreciative clients. He also received the "North Star Lawyer" designation from the Minnesota State Bar Association for his selfless pro bono services.
A 2008 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Peterson obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2011. He is an active member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, the North Dakota Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice, and he has several publications to his credit involving topics such as birth injuries, obstetric malpractice and medical errors known as "never events."
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Wrongful Death, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022
About Colin Peterson
First Admitted: 2011, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://ciresiconlin.com/team/colin-peterson/
- Obstetric Malpractice and Birth Injuries (January 11, 2016)
- What to do About Medicare Set-Asides, Minnesota Association for Justice, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Minneapolis, Minnesota (April 20, 2017)
- Hospital “Never Events”: Retained Surgical Instruments and the Legal Consequences, Attorney at Law (July 17, 2013)
- Born From Tragedy: A Movement to Reform Home Birth Policies (July 8, 2015)
- Named a “Minnesota Rising Star,” Super Lawyers (2018)
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by the Minnesota State Bar Association for providing at least 50 hours of pro bono legal services (2014-2016)
- United States District Court, Minnesota
- North Dakota
- United States District Court, North Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota Associate for Justice
- North Dakota Association for Justice
Last Updated: 5/15/2022