Daniel E. Boen
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Daniel E. Boen is the founder of his eponymous law firm The Boen Law Office that is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is a 2011 Juris Doctor recipient from William Mitchell College of Law, now Mitchell Hamline. Prior to law school, Mr. Boen attended the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, where he majored in English language and literature, and obtained a Bachelor of Arts. He has been admitted to practice before all Minnesota state courts since 2013 and to Federal court in 2015.
Mr. Boen's practice focuses on wills and trusts, intellectual property, and business law. In the latter area, he has advised entrepreneurs as to the most appropriate form of legal entity for their proposed new ventures. Once the business has been set up, Mr. Boen helps to prepare employment agreements and other applicable contracts, provides advice and counsel on regulatory compliance, and represents these clients in business disputes as well as mergers and acquisitions.
In his intellectual property practice, Mr. Boen represents authors, musicians, artists, other creative individuals, as well as small businesses. He helps them protect their works through copyright and trademark registration, and he thereafter pursues parties that are attempting to infringe upon these rights, and he also works on licensing and other agreements in order to help his clients monetize their creations. Mr. Boen has received an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo in recognition of the high quality of all of his legal work.
About Daniel E. Boen
First Admitted: 2013, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://theboenlawoffice.com/about/
- Adjunct Professor at the Institute for Production and Recording, 2013-2018
- Investigate ethics complaints assigned by Minnesota Lawyers Office of Professional Responsibility
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2015
- State of Minnesota, 2013
- Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Arts & Entertainment Sections, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2017-2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Attorney for Volunteer Lawyers Network, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- BA - English, University of Minnesota, 1993
Last Updated: 5/15/2022