Dennis L. Monroe
Top Rated Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Attorney Dennis L. Monroe is the co-founder and chairman of Monroe Moxness Berg law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Widely regarded as one of the premier lawyers in his region, Mr. Monroe provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business law
· Business concept growth and protection
· Corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions
· Franchise, distribution and intellectual property
· Tax planning
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Monroe has gained a reputation as a pioneer in corporate financing, and he delivers invaluable, highly personalized counsel and support to a broad range of businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries. Maintaining a primary focus on multiunit acquisitions, he has become known for his creative and effective strategies for helping his clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, as well as arming them with the information and tools they need to achieve continued success.
As a transaction attorney, Mr. Monroe has been involved with many large-scale, high-stakes developments and other complex transactions, ranging from $5 million to more than $300 million. He has also become known as an authority on corporate and institutional finance and mergers and acquisitions, and he has written extensively and conducted many lectures and seminars on these topics as well as other legal subjects.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Monroe has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. Franchise Times featured him in a cover story as “Franchising’s Go-To Guy," and he received the Franchise Times Dealmakers Special Achievement award in 2014. He has also received designation as a Top 20 to Watch as well as a Top 125 Legal Eagle, and he holds a listing in the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers in Franchise. He has also earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America.
A 1974 graduate of Carthage College, Mr. Monroe obtained his Master of Business Administration from Saint Louis University in 1978 and his Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University School of Law that same year. In 2020, he became a senior distinguished fellow at the University of St. Thomas School of Law, and in 2015, he received the Outstanding Director Award from Twin Cities Business for his service on the board of Nystrom, Inc.
He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Tax Court.
- 40%Mergers & Acquisitions
- 10%Closely Held Business
- 10%Intellectual Property
- 10%Tax: Business
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Intellectual Property Law, Tax Law
- Super Lawyers: 1999 - 2022
About Dennis L. Monroe
First Admitted: 1978, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/our-team/dennis-l-monroe/
- Minnesota State Bar
- International Franchising Association
- American Bar Association Member: Business Section and Franchising Forum
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court- District of Minnesota
- St. Louis University, M.B.A., 1978
- Carthage College, B.A., cum laude, 1974
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Dennis is a senior distinguished fellow at the University of St. Thomas School of Law, 2020
- Dennis received the 2015 Outstanding Director Award from Twin Cities Business for his service on the board of Nystrom, Inc. He also serves on the board of Alerus Financial. He is a senior distinguished fellow at the University of St. Thomas School of Law and a trustee at the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis, 2018
- Recognized every year since 2009 by Franchise Times magazine as one of franchising’s top 125 “Legal Eagles” and one of the Top 20 to Watch, Legal Eagle, Franchise Times magazine, 2020
- , Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for franchise law
- , Selected to the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers in Franchise
- Dennis received the award from Franchise Times magazine to honor his 30-year career in franchise finance, Dealmakers Special Achievement Award, Franchise Times, 2014
- In recognition of his service on the board of Nystrom, Inc., Outstanding Director Award, Twin Cities Business magazine, 2015
- During these tough times for restaurants, there is potential for an adversarial relationship between an operator and his landlords, bank, suppliers, employees and investors. This comes on top of the stress restaurant owners are under to make things work and stay in business. Can these adversarial relationships be transformed into productive, collaborative ones? The article offers some thoughts on economic cooperation among the various stakeholders., Author, Consider These New Kinds of Joint Ventures, Restaurant Finance Monitor magazine, Restaurant And Hospitality, 2020
- Author, Make It Right Kids
- Is There Equity Participation in Your Future for Your Key Employees?
- COVID-19 and Restaurants: How to Leverage Your Lawyers
- Is crowdfunding in your future?
- Capital Options for a post-Covid-19 World?
- Finding opportunities in the midst of chaos
- How Do I Come Up With the Money to Reopen My Restaurant?
- What we have learned so far from COVID-19
- Multi-unit Retail
Last Updated: 5/15/2022