Earl H. Cohen
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Free Consultation
Earl H. Cohen is an attorney with over 45 years of experience. Mr. Cohen serves as of counsel at Hellmuth & Johnson in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and handles matters involving business and corporate law, bankruptcy, collections, creditor remedies, estate planning and farm transition planning. He serves clients throughout the Minneapolis area, providing valuable legal advice and support through each step of the legal process.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Cohen has advised many individuals and businesses across multiple industries on various legal issues. He has been involved in several noteworthy cases, obtaining favorable resolutions through negotiation and litigation. Recognized for his legal knowledge and insights, he has spoken at conferences and seminars on topics including asset protection planning, bankruptcy, insolvency planning and retirement asset planning. He has also appeared in local news media to discuss legal issues.
Mr. Cohen is an active member of his legal community and serves his local community through various leadership positions. He belongs to the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Additionally, he serves with the Financial Planning Association of Minnesota and is chair of Kensington Properties, Inc.
After graduating with distinction from the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management in 1970 with a bachelor’s degree, Mr. Cohen earned his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. He is licensed to practice law before all Minnesota state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the U.S. Tax Court.
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Bankruptcy: Business
- 20%Mergers & Acquisitions
Estate Planning, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Bankruptcy Law, Limited Liability Companies, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2010, 2014 - 2018, 2020 - 2021
About Earl H. Cohen
First Admitted: 1973, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hjlawfirm.com/minneapolis-attorneys/earl-h-cohen/
- Minnesota Super Lawyers® list, 2004-2010, 2014-2021
- Named repeatedly a “Top 40 Trust & Estate Planning and Elder Law Super Lawyer” by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of the Board of Directors of United Systems Technology, Inc., 1995-2010
- Chairman of Kensington Properties, Inc., 1978-1987
- Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, B.S., 1970
- Minnesota State Courts
- Chair of the Monthly Program Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Financial Planning Association MN Chapter
- Financial Planning Association (Counsel)
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Financial Planners and their clients; FPA-MN
Last Updated: 5/15/2022