George E. Warner, Jr.
Top rated creditor debtor rights attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaWarner Law LLC
With over twenty (20) years of experience, George Warner is devoted to representing clients in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota and throughout the Midwest. He focuses his attention on complex collection and post-judgment enforcement matters for other attorneys and creditors' rights litigation.
The American Board of Certification has certified Mr. Warner as a creditors’ rights specialist. His clients include national and international equipment leasing businesses, secured and unsecured creditors, and financial institutions. His goal is to provide people with a customized solution for reaching the outcome they desire.
Experienced in state and federal courts, Mr. Warner is admitted to practice before the Minnesota Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and several tribal courts.
In 1988, Mr. Warner earned a Bachelor of Arts in economics from The University of Iowa. He then received a Juris Doctor in 1991 from the Mitchell Hamline School of Law, where he made the dean’s list, was active in moot court activities and was the primary editor of the school’s law review.
A frequent guest speaker, Mr. Warner is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association and the Commercial Law League of America.
When he is not representing clients, Mr. Warner serves on the boards for the Twin Cities Aikido Center and for the French American Chamber of Commerce in Minneapolis. He also provides pro bono legal services with the Volunteer Lawyers Network and the Federal Bar Association Minnesota Chapter’s Pro Se Project.
Practice areasCreditor debtor rights: business, Bankruptcy: business, Business litigation
Collections, Bankruptcy law
- 70% Creditor debtor rights: business
- 20% Bankruptcy: business
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1991, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.warnerlawmn.com/about
- National Board Certification as a Creditors' Rights Specialist, American Board of Certification, 2002; recertified 2008
- Primary Editor on the Board of Editors, Hamline Law Review, 1990-1991
- "The Ratification of the 'Special Needs' Analysis to Employer Substance Abuse Testing," 13 Hamline L. Rev. 167
- Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law, 1997-2001
- Legal Research Teaching Assistant, Hamline University School of Law, 1990-1991
- Course Chair, "Landlord-Tenant Law for Residential Property Managers," Minnesota Multi Housing Association, 1992, 1993
- Speaker, "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: Concerns for Landlord-Tenant Attorneys," sponsored by Hennepin County Bar Association - Landlord/Tenant Committee, 1998, June 1999
- Speaker, "Residential Landlord Tenant Law," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, July, 1999, July, 2000
- Speaker, "Commercial and Residential Evictions," sponsored by Sterling Education Services, November, 2002
- Speaker, "How to Collect Debts in Minnesota: Collection Litigation & the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Ethical 'Tricks & Traps' for New Lawyers; Candid Advice for Your First Years of Practice," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, January, 2003
- Speaker, "Collecting Debts: What You Need to Know About the Lawsuit," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, September 24, 2003
- Speaker, "Garnishment Made Interesting and Easy," sponsored by Minnesota Institute of Legal Education, February, 2003, August, 2003
- Speaker, "Debt Collection From Start to Finish," sponsored by National Business Institute, September, 2004
- Speaker, "Commercial & Residential Evictions and Collecting Overdue Rent," sponsored by Sterling Education Services, October, 2004
- Speaker, "Be Careful When You Collect on a Judgment Because the AG is Watching: FDCPA Update and Discussion on Recent Complaints Brought by the Attorney General's Office Against Minnesota Collection Agencies and Law Firms," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, February, 2005
- Speaker, "Skip Tracing Tools to Help You Track Down Your Money in Minnesota," sponsored by National Business Institute, October, 2005
- Speaker and Course Chair, "How to Collect Debts in Minnesota," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, September, 2002, September, 2003, September, 2004, July, 2005, January, 2006, September, 2006, July 2008; July 2009; April 2010.
- Speaker, "The New Lawyer Experience: Avoiding Common, Real-World Ethics Problems" and "How to Collect Debts in Minnesota: Collection Litigation and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, January, 2004, January, 2005, January 2007
- Speaker, "The Elder Law Institute: Foreclosure Basics," sponsored by Minnesota State Bar Association, October 2008
- Speaker, "Commercial and Residential Evictions and Collecting Overdue Rent," sponsored by Sterling Education Services, Inc., May 2009
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), 1999
- University of Iowa, Bachelor of Arts, 1988
- University of Nebraska, Omaha, Honors: Merit Scholar, 1985-1986
- Supreme Court of Minnesota, 1991-Present
- Tribal Court of the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux (Dakota) Community, 1997-2000
- Member, Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2000-Present
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Law League of America
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1992-Present
- Tribal Court of the Prairie Island Indian Community, 2008 - Present
- Named as "Rising Star," Minnesota Law and Politics, 1999, 2002
- Nominated as a "Super Lawyer," Minnesota Law and Politics, 2004
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Twin Cities Aikido Center, Inc. 501(c)(3).
- Pro Bono Attorney, Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Board Member, Twin Cities' branch of the French American Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member and former President, Twin Cities Aikido Center, Inc. (TCAC)
- Pro Se Project of the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Mount Sinai Hosp. v. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, No. C2-99-59, 1999 WL 672818 (Minn. Ct. App. 1999), 1999
- North Mill Equipment Finance, LLC v. Gruz Boga, LLC, et al., No. A19-0975 (Minn. Ct. App. 2019) (post-judgment claim and delivery enforcement proceedings). , 2019
- Lariat Companies, Inc. v. Barbara A. Wigley, No. A18-6027 (8th Cir. BAP 2020) (actual fraud and nondischargeability litigation under the Husky decision)., 2020
- Lariat Companies, Inc. v. Barbara A. Wigley, No. A17-0210 (Minn. Ct. App. 2017) (fraudulent transfer liability arising from inter-spousal transfers)., 2018
- Southcross, LLC v. Meridus, Company LCC, No. A13-1113 (Minn. Ct. App. 2014) (individual guaranty enforcement following the release of the principal corporate debtor)., 2014
- Summit Recovery, LLC v. Bobbie-Jo Diebold, et al., No. 10-3760 (8th Cir. Ct. App. 2011) (credit portfolio sales and jurisdictional matters)., 2011
- Advance Duplication Servs. v. Payne, No. A05-1132 (Minn. Ct. App. 2006), 2006
- Irwin Union v. Speedy Car Wash, 672 N.W.2d 375 (Minn. Ct. App. 2003), 2003
- Picht v. Hawks, 77 F. Supp. 1041; 236 F.3d 446 (8th Cir. 2001), 2001
- Aamodt v. Renander, No. A07-0268 (Minn. Ct. App. 2008), 2008
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Law League Of America
Office location for George E. Warner, Jr.
120 South 6th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 1998