J. Ashwin Madia
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
An accomplished trial lawyer, J. Ashwin Madia is the founding partner of Madia Newville LLC. Based in Minneapolis and representing clients throughout Minnesota, he divides his practice among labor and employment law, civil rights, medical malpractice, and catastrophic injuries. Admitted to practice before all Minnesota state courts, Mr. Madia is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Mr. Madia's employment law practice has included cases involving wrongful termination and other acts of retaliation, wage and hour claims, sexual harassment, and Family and Medical Leave Act disputes. He also represents prospective, past and current employees who have been the target of discrimination that is covered by such laws as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Minnesota Human Rights Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. In his civil rights practice, Mr. Madia assists people who have been the victims of police brutality, housing discrimination and unlawful arrests, and he represents the surviving family members of people who have died due to the wrongful acts or inaction of governmental bodies.
Mr. Madia majored in political science and government at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1999. He then went on to attend New York University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2002. After graduation, Mr. Madia joined the U.S. Marine Corps, where he served as a Judge Advocate General and acted as defense counsel in felony and misdemeanor trials. He founded his current firm in 2009.
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Civil Rights
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Americans with Disabilities Act, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
About J. Ashwin Madia
First Admitted: 2002, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://madianewville.com/about/attorney-profile/ashwin-madi...
- United States Court of Appeals – 8th Circuit
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Minnesota Chapter
- United States District Court – District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Minnesota Student Association, President
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association
- Osseo Senior High School, High School Diploma, 1995
- University of Minnesota—Twin Cities, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Honor: President, Minnesota Student Association, 1999
- You might think that you would immediately know if you experienced workplace discrimination, but that might be the… https://t.co/tSbHRe9oan
- RT @MNHouseInfo #mnhouse #newlaws #minnesota #mnleg #newlaws2021 https://t.co/Pz3TkGvRMN
- MADIA LAW WINS $300,000 FOR VICTIM OF PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS DISCRIMINATION We were honored to represent Miranda –… https://t.co/J8uAQ8NQTs
- Happy Fourth of July! #FourthOfJuly #JulyFourth #IndependenceDay https://t.co/48HziYG51W
- How long do I have to file a claim of employment discrimination? Can my employer fire me if I bring a claim of dis… https://t.co/yT6soCjKLw
Last Updated: 5/15/2022