Top rated family law attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaHenson Efron
A compassionate family law attorney and shareholder at the law firm of Henson & Efron, P.A., Jaime Driggs has been representing the rights and interests of families in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for 18-plus years. He takes a visionary approach to solving challenges and implements effective legal strategies to meet his clients’ family objectives.
Mr. Driggs’s nuanced grasp of Minnesota family law allows him to cater to the needs of his clients in a wide range of matters involving contested divorce, child custody disputes, spousal maintenance, business valuations, high net worth marital estates, nonmarital tracing, same-sex divorces, domestic abuse, tax issues, post-divorce proceedings, collaborative law, grandparent visitation and more.
Majoring in history, Mr. Driggs obtained his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Wisconsin–Madison followed by his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2004. He was admitted to all the state courts of Minnesota the same year. He worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Tanja K. Manrique at Fourth Judicial District – Minnesota.
Mr. Driggs has received a great deal of appreciation from his peers, clients and several prestigious organizations. He was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for several years in a row and listed in the “Best Lawyers” list by Minnesota Monthly magazine in 2019. He was also selected for inclusion in the Minnesota State Bar Association’s “Minnesota North Star Lawyers” list for providing several hours of pro bono services.
Keen on his professional development and connection with the legal community, Mr. Driggs maintains active memberships in the family law sections of the American Bar Association, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
Mr. Driggs also volunteers to offer services to those in need by being part of Mental Health Minnesota, the Volunteer Lawyers Network, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid and the Hennepin County Unbundled Legal Services. He regularly publishes articles and presents educational seminars on a wide range of family law topics.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/jaime-driggs/
- Co-Author “Working with Financial Experts,” Family Law Financial Deskbook, May 2018
- Co-Presenter, “Divorces with Children: Practical Tips for Pro Bono Practitioners,” Volunteer Lawyers Network, October 2011
- Presenter, “Common Enforcement Issues Regarding the Disposition of the Marital Home,” Divorce Day Camp, June 2014
- Presenter, “The Marital Home Post-Decree: Drafting to Avoid Enforcement Problems and Strategies for Addressing Them,” Anoka County Bar Association, June 2014
- Co-Presenter, “Vocational Evaluations and Spousal Maintenance: The Rules of Discovery and the Legacy of Passolt,” Minnesota CLE, December 2016
- Co-Presenter and Co-Author, "Case Law Update," Minnesota CLE Family Law Institute, March 2012-March 2017
- Author, Notes & Trends–Family Law, monthly column in Bench & Bar, March 2011-November 2017
- Co-Presenter, “Vocational Evaluations and Spousal Maintenance: The Rules of Discovery and the Legacy of Passolt,” Minnesota CLE, December 2016 Co-Presenter and Co-Author, “Case Law Update,” Minnesota CLE Family Law Institute, March 2012–March 2016
- Co-Author, Insights into Family Law, monthly column in Minnesota Lawyer, 2015
- Contributing Author, Tips & Traps, column in Bench & Bar, December 2012
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016–2022, Family Law
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honored by Minnesota State Bar Association as North Star Lawyer for commitment to pro bono service, 2013, 2015, 2020
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers-Rising Stars Edition 2011–2016
- Featured in Minnesota Monthly Magazine as The Best Lawyers in America® 2019
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers®, 2017–2021
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association Family Law Section
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2001
Office location for Jaime Driggs
225 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Find me online
- The holiday season is fast approaching and for many that means welcoming recent graduates back home for the holiday… https://t.co/PF34A6B678
- Back in November of 1976, two boutique law firms – known then as Efron & Kittler and Henson & Tully – finalized the… https://t.co/y8kBsu7mHI
- We are proud to announce Henson Efron has been ranked in the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list r… https://t.co/QvdzLJFjPt