James A. Heuer, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
A personal injury attorney at Heuer Fischer, P.A., James A. Heuer Jr. represents clients throughout the state of Minnesota. The personal injury umbrella of his firm covers matters of workers’ compensation, dog bites, civil litigation, hospital and nursing home abuse, bicycle injuries, medical malpractice, wrongful deaths, motorcycle accidents and automobile accidents. As an experienced attorney with more than four decades in the business, he has represented clients from all walks of life.
Mr. Heuer attended the University of Minnesota, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science in 1975. He then earned his Juris Doctor from Hamline University School of Law in 1977. Admitted to practice in the state of Minnesota since then, he is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
A member of the Minnesota Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice, Mr. Heuer is also included in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for his successful work with clients over the years. For Hamline University School of Law, he is currently an instructor in the Continuing Legal Education program. He is known throughout the legal community for the personal connection he makes with each client he represents.
Whether he is assisting the CEO of a Fortune 500 company or a worker injured on the job, Mr. Heuer recognizes the value in both litigation and negotiation. When discussion fails to bring the results his clients want and need, he is an aggressive litigator who represents their best interests in court as he works to secure the compensation they need for the losses they have suffered because of their injuries.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Criminal Law, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Traffic Violations, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury
- Super Lawyers: 2000 - 2005, 2021 - 2022
About James A. Heuer, Jr.
First Admitted: 1977, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.heuerfischer.com/our-team/james-heuer-jr/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- HEARING ATTORNEY: James A. Heuer Jr. LEAD ATTORNEY : Mark Lund INJURIES ALLEGED: Auto Accident SETTLEMENT TOTAL AMOUNT : $302,500.00 BREAK DOWN OF SETTLEMENT : $242,500.00 MEDIATED SETTLEMENT LIABILITY SETTLEMENT : $60,000.00 JB was driving his vehicle and a motorcycle didn't see him rounding a turn. The driver of the motorcycle did admit that he didn't see JB rounding the corner. Jb suffered injuries to his left toe that was refracted , deep bruising on his knee and a right patella fracture. His right thumb was dislocated and his leg was placed in a stabilizer. He was placed into a walking boot on the left side and his right hand in a brace (this was casted .) This case was litigated by James A. Heuer Jr. INTOXICATED FRIEND KILLS HIS FRIEND IN CAR CRASHEstate of H v. State Farm. INJURIES ALLEGED: Death SETTLEMENT AMOUNT: $50,000.00. HIGHEST OFFER: $50,000.00. PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEY: James A. Heuer, Jr. Defense Attorney for the Estate of H: H was a passenger in a friend's car who was intoxicated and crashed the car resulting in the death of H. State Farm had disputed whether or not H was a member of the household of his parents and thus eligible for no-fault benefits. Through investigation and negotiation, Heuer, Lund & Flores was able to convince the State Farm Insurance Company that H was, in fact, a member of the household entitling him to No-Fault benefits and underinsured motorist benefits. This tragic loss of life would have been worse if the family had been left without the insurance coverages that the lawyers at Heuer Fischer, P.A. were able to obtain after Sta M v Magel's Carnival-Midway Case: Personal Injury M and her cousin looked forward to the carnival coming to Hinkley each year. The Zipper ride was one of their favorites.A carnival employee is responsible for securing the door on the ride before the ride begins. The passengers have no control over the exterior lock. The carnival employee neglected to put the pin in the door and began the ride. M and her cousin fell out of the ride when the Zipper door opened landing on the ground sustaining severe injuries. These injuries included severe head trauma with brain injury, fractured lumbar vertebrae, numerous cuts and bruises. We negotiated a settlement with the insurance carrier for all parties involved. It is believed to be one of the largest monetary settlements for amusement park negligence in Minnesota.KARE11 NBC Two hurt in carnival ride accident in HinckleyStar Tribune Carnival Accident Zipper Ridete Farm initially denied the claim.
- University of Minnesota at Minneapolis, B.S., 1975
- Minnesota, 1977
- Instructor, CLE, Hamline Law School
- American Association for Justice, 2000
- U.S. Federal District Court, District of Minnesota, 1979
Last Updated: 6/24/2022