James E. Lindell
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Free Consultation
A Minnesota native, James E. Lindell is a partner at Minneapolis-based Lindell and Lavoie LLP. Providing representation to clients throughout the state, he focuses his practice on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation, handling matters involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents and defective products. Mr. Lindell also assists people who have been injured on the job or who have contracted an occupational disease and who are seeking their rightful workers' compensation benefits. He has been certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Lindell received a Bachelor of Arts in international relations in 1966 from the University of Minnesota. After serving in the United States Army and then obtaining a master's degree in international studies from American University in 1970, he spent several years working in the public and private sectors before deciding to pursue his legal education. Mr. Lindell enrolled at the University of Minnesota Law School, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1977. Admitted to practice in Minnesota and Wisconsin, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Throughout his career, Mr. Lindell has been able to secure numerous sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of his personal injury clients. His fellow professionals have taken note, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Lindell is a member of a variety of legal organizations, including the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota, the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 1998 - 2000, 2002 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About James E. Lindell
First Admitted: 1977, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.lindellandlavoie.com/about-us/james-lindell/
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota, Board member, Officer and Dean
- Wisconsin Bar, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, Member
- Minnesota Bar, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1982
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- I was elected Dean of the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota, 2002-2003., 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1980
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- International Studies, The American University, Washington, M.A., 1970
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, B.A., 1966
- Private pilot license, 1982
- Civil Trial Law Specialist, Minnesota Bar Association, 1990
- Selected to join Nation's Top One Percent , Nation's Top Attorneys, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2022
- Named one of Minnesota’s top 40 workers’ compensation lawyers, Mpls/St. Paul magazine and Minnesota Law & Politics, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2010
- Named to Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers in the State of Minnesota, Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers in the State of Minnesota, The National Trial Lawyers, 2021
- Again named to The Best Lawyers in America for high caliber of work in Personal Injury Litigation and Workers Compensation Law., Best Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- In 2016 I was selected as Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys., Top 10 Attorney Award, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Named Super Lawyer®, 1998 – 2020
- Named Attorney of the Year for 2012 by The Minnesota Lawyer , The Minnesota Lawyer, 2012
- Rated AV, highest rating of Martindale-Hubbell, Since 1998
- In 2017 I was selected to join America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, limited to only 100 attorneys in Minnesota., America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, America's Top 100 LLC, 2017
- In 2013, Jorgensen became a licensed attorney with Lindell & Lavoie.
- Lyndsey Jorgensen has been building her career with Lindell & Lavoie since 2011 http://t.co/oJbSOWVzCs
- Jim Lavoie received both his B.A. and J.D. from the University of Minnesota.
- In addition to being an attorney, Jim Laovie is also qualified as a neutral arbitrator and mediator http://t.co/MLr0MDG6Vu
- Ramsey County Sherriff’s Deputy causes injury to prisoner during transport. Our firm got the man a $169,400 settlement.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022