Jeffrey M. Montpetit
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaSiebenCarey
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1999
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
SiebenCarey901 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402 Visit website
A strong-willed and extremely skilled personal injury attorney, Jeffrey M. Montpetit works closely with injured clients to help them start the road to physical and financial recovery. As a shareholder at the law offices of SiebenCarey in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he offers custom-tailored, realistic solutions and delivers the highest level of representation possible.
Dedicated to fighting for the rights of those injured for over 23 years, Mr. Montpetit finds satisfaction in helping them obtain their rightful compensation after they have fallen victim to another person’s reckless actions. He has capably handled cases related to auto accidents, truck wrecks, wrongful death, professional malpractice, general civil litigation, insurance law, civil rights and police brutality, premises liability and defective products.
A native of Woodbury, Minnesota, Mr. Montpetit attended Saint John's University to complete his Bachelor of Science in communication in 1995. He received his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1998. He is authorized to practice in Minnesota (1999), Wisconsin, South Dakota and the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
An active member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Mr. Montpetit also holds memberships in the Hennepin County Bar Association, the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Association for Justice.
Mr. Montpetit’s skills and track record are clear in his reputation and in the several awards and accolades he has received so far. He was named the “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer in 2014 and 2018 and recognized by the Best Lawyers in America in the field of plaintiff personal injury litigation consistently since 2018. Furthermore, he holds an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Dental Malpractice, Dram Shop Laws, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Rights
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.knowyourrights.com/ourattorneys/jeffrey-m-montpe...
- How Can We Help With Realistic Expectations?
- Jeff Montpetit has been a trial attorney for 20 years. He is not afraid to take a case to trial., Meet Personal Injury Attorney Jeff Montpetit, 2016
- What Is The Process?
- Meet Jeffrey Montpetit, 2017
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Trial Advocacy Skills program, 1999
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- Daycare Provider's Actions Inappropriate, $1,000,000 Award Construction Worker Killed by Hydraulic Elevator, $1.5 Million settlement Girl Killed By Unsecured Pipe, Jury Awards Family $495,000 Teenager Shot While Hunting, $400,000 Settlement Dog Bites 4-year old Girl in FaceMan Injured On Motorcycle, $325,000 Settlement Man Injured in Construction Fall, $750,000 Settlement Failure to Check on Inmate Results in Death, $175,000 SettlementAuto Insurer Wrongly Denies Coverage, $215,000 SettlementSnowmobiler Loses Life After Being Overserved, $250,000 SettlementDrunk Driver Kills Father of Two, $234,000 SettlementTuberculosis Class Action Successfully Prosecuted by Civil Rights GroupDistracted and Careless Driver Accident Fatal, $250,000 SettlementWisconsin Motorcyclist Compensated $400,000 for Orthopedic InjuriesFall in Dark Parking Lot Results in Ankle Fusion, $210,000 Settlement
- B.A., St. John's University, Collegeville, MN, 1995
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Trial Advocacy Skills Program, 1999
- Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2014
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters PI General - Plaintiff
- , Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiff
Office location for Jeffrey M. Montpetit
901 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 1999, 2001 - 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2012
Additional sources of information about Jeffrey M. Montpetit
Find me online
- Here's a first: A SiebenCarey race car sponsorship! This car belongs to Ferlin Miller and is raced by his nephew at… https://t.co/H2rLV8G18c
- O̳p̳i̳n̳i̳o̳n̳s̳ ̳f̳r̳o̳m̳ ̳t̳h̳e̳ ̳p̳e̳o̳p̳l̳e̳ ̳w̳e̳ ̳r̳e̳s̳p̳e̳c̳t̳ ̳m̳o̳s̳t̳:̳ ̳O̳u̳r̳ ̳C̳l̳i̳e̳n̳t̳s̳!̳… https://t.co/SmEgFGTJd7
- Every day, we witness the power of the Seventh Amendment to hold wrongdoers accountable for the harm they cause thr… https://t.co/QQ0uzz4k44