Top rated Mergers & Acquisitions attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMonroe Moxness Berg PA
John Berg is a firm shareholder at Monroe Moxness Berg and represents clients in the state of Minnesota. With over three decades of experience, his practice focuses on matters of tax planning, multi-unit succession and transition, corporate finance, corporate mergers and acquisitions, business law and business concept growth and protection. Throughout his career, he has worked closely with lenders, vendors and industry franchisers.
Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court and in the state of Minnesota, he earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Minnesota. Mr. Berg then attended Cornell University and graduated with his Juris Doctor. He is now dedicated to adding value and saving money for his business clients and is extremely solution-focused with each case.
From 2004 to 2012, he was named a Legal Eagle by Franchise Times and was also a Rising Star in the Legal Profession. A regular speaker at industry seminars and conferences, he represents clients at the appellate, examination and tax court levels as he resolves federal and state tax controversies. The firm is strong in the areas of corporate finance, estate planning, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, and franchise, and Mr. Berg brings unique experience and skills in the multiunit retail and franchise industries.
He is a member of the International Franchise Association, the Taxation Section and Franchising Forum of the American Bar Association and the Tax Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. Mr. Berg has also been extensively involved in acquiring and selling more than 200 Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants.
Practice areasMergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate, Securities & Corporate Finance, Tax: Business
Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Securities Law, Tax Law
- 50% Mergers & Acquisitions
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Securities & Corporate Finance
- 10% Tax: Business
First Admitted: 1989, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/team/john-e-berg/
- Rising Star in the Legal Profession
- Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2006 - 2020
- Top 25 Legal Eagle, Franchise Times magazine, John has received this award for several consecutive years from Franchise Times magazine for his outstanding legal services to the franchise industry, 2004 - 2020, 2020
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Section
- Franchising Forum International Franchise Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Taxation Section and Franchising Forum
- U.S. Tax Court
- Minnesota State Bar
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1985
- John has represented a consolidator in KFC system in acquiring more than 200 KFC restaurants in multiple transactions with various sellers. He has worked with the client in establishing and executing a strategy for appropriate interest in real estate related to acquired KFC restaurants including direct acquisition and ownership, simultaneous or deferred sale-leaseback with REITs and leasing from seller parties, 2015
- ADF Companies KBP Foods, 2017
Office location for John Berg
7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 1999, 2002