John R. Remakel
Top rated mergers & acquisitions attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMonroe Moxness Berg PA
John R. Remakel is an attorney and a shareholder at the Monroe Moxness Berg law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Representing clients in and around Minnesota, he helps them with matters involving business law, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions, and also offers legal services to the craft brewing industry.
Graduating with high honors from the University of Minnesota in 2004, Mr. Remakel went on to pursue his legal studies at the University of St. Thomas, Minnesota - School of Law. He received his Juris Doctor summa cum laude in 2007 and was licensed to practice in Minnesota the same year.
Mr. Remakel serves as an adviser for private companies, nonprofit organizations, business owners, private equity and venture capital firms, investors and commercial lenders. The wide range of clients he serves come from diverse sectors including higher education, automotive aftermarket, food and hospitality, manufacturing, real estate and technology. He assists them with business and securities law matters such as senior and mezzanine debt, joint ventures, entity formation, commercial agreements, equity, crowdfunding and private placement offerings.
As a focused and driven attorney, Mr. Remakel is well-known for his vast legal knowledge in commercial and business law matters. Often invited to lectures and other speaking engagements, he shares his legal insight on various aspects of his practice areas including emerging businesses, venture capitals and corporate finance.
A licensed practitioner for more than 13 years, Mr. Remakel is very involved with the legal community. He is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth Minnesota, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild. He also serves his local community by being a part of organizations such as the Minnesota Justice Foundation and the Twin Cities Men's Adult Baseball League.
Practice areasMergers & acquisitions, Business/corporate, Securities & corporate finance
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Business organizations, Securities law
- 50% Mergers & acquisitions
- 30% Business/corporate
- 20% Securities & corporate finance
First Admitted: 2007, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/our-team/john-r-remakel/
- American Bar Association
- ACG Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- University of Minnesota, B.A., 2004 with high honors
- A webinar focusing on the challenges facing the restaurant industry in the wake of the pandemic and on the approaches to sustaining the business through the difficult times., Panelist, “What Is Going to Happen to My Favorite Restaurant?”, The Minnesota chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, Restaurant And Hospitality, 2020
- A panel discussing the range of funding sources, and their specific benefits and constraints, available for startup businesses in the Twin Cities., Panelist, “Raising Capital: It Can’t Be That Hard…Right?”, Twin Cities Startup Week, 2018
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Structuring Your Company for Growth” , Panelist, 2016
- BDO Restaurant CFO Bootcamp, “Legal Q&A with Dennis Monroe and John Remakel,” , Panelist, 2015
- Franchise Business Network, “Funding Sources for Franchisees”, Panelist, 2015
- Brew Pub v. Taproom: Which Business Model Is Right for You?, mmblawfirm.com/brew-pub-v-taproom-which-business-model-is-right-for-you/, 2015
- Aftermarket Automotive
- Business Services
- Craft Brewing
- Food And Hospitality
- Multi-unit Retail
- Real Estate
Office location for John R. Remakel
7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844
- Rising Stars: 2022