Jon R. Steckler
Top rated business litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMadigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A.
A seasoned business law and commercial litigation attorney at Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A., Jon R. Steckler’s practice emphasizes litigation of business, real estate, construction law and employment law cases, but also encompasses a variety of other civil litigation and general practice matters, representing individuals and businesses in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Mr. Steckler has successfully handled cases in the state, federal and appellate courts involving practically every aspect of a business and has successfully represented clients before judges, juries, arbitrators and administrative agencies across the United States. He assists with asset and stock purchases, commercial contracts, franchise agreements, distribution contracts, construction disputes, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, and commercial leases and agreements. He also has experience prosecuting cases for several suburban municipalities.
A 1999 Bachelor of Science graduate of South Dakota State University, Mr. Steckler received his Juris Doctor in 2002 from the University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law, where he was a part of the South Dakota Law Review and placed on the dean’s list. He is licensed in Minnesota (2002), South Dakota (2015), the federal and bankruptcy courts of Minnesota, the federal courts of Nebraska, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th, 8th and 9th Circuits, the Red Lake Nation Tribal Court, the Court of the White Earth Band of Chippewa and the Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Court.
An accomplished attorney, Mr. Steckler is proud of the reputation he has built, and this includes the several awards, accolades and remarkable reviews from his clients. He was listed in America’s Top 100 Bet-the-Company Litigators and rated “Good” through Avvo.
Mr. Steckler is an active member of the Hennepin County Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the Minnesota State Bar Association. When not lawyering, he spends his time and efforts serving underprivileged groups in Minnesota by joining hands with organizations such as the Hennepin County Volunteer Lawyers Network and LegalCORPS. He also offers free legal counsel to a nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Construction litigation: business, Business/corporate, Employment litigation: defense, Franchise/dealership, Real estate: business
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Construction defects, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant
First Admitted: 2002, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.mdh-law.com/attorney/steckler-jon-r/
- Minnesota, 2002
- Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Court, 2015
- Court of the White Earth Band of Chippewa, 2018
- Red Lake Nation Tribal Court, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2021
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2004
- South Dakota, 2015
- Hennepin County Bar Association, 2021
- American Association for Justice, 2021
- American Bar Association, 2021
- Minnesota State Bar Association, 2021
- South Dakota State University, B.S. in Political Science, 1999
- Managing Editor, South Dakota Law Review, South Dakota School of Law, 2001
- Jon was listed as a Minnesota Rising Star by Minnesota Super Lawyers from 2013 to 2015, 2021, Minnesota Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2015
- At USD Law, Jon earned Dean's List honors and served as the Managing Editor of the South Dakota Law Review
- Jon has served as general counsel for a non-profit no-kill animal shelter on a pro bono basis since 2003, 2021
- Legal Corps, 2021
- Jon represents clients as a volunteer through the Hennepin County Volunteer Lawyer Network., 2021
- Industrial Manufacturing And Distribution
- Real Estate
Office location for Jon R. Steckler
33 S. 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2015