Kirk M. Anderson
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2018
- Free Consultation
Attorney Kirk M. Anderson is the founder of Anderson Law Firm, PLLC, a boutique law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Anderson primarily practices in the areas of criminal defense and appellate litigation. Serving clients throughout Minnesota, he has litigation experience at the trial and appellate levels.
Mr. Anderson handles matters involving arson, assault, battery, conspiracy, criminal sexual assault, disorderly conduct, drug crimes, DWI/OWI, expungement, failure to appear, felony strangulation, gun rights, harassment, homicide, juvenile crimes, kidnapping, manslaughter, obstructing justice, probation violation, property crimes, terroristic threats, traffic violations, sex offenses, violent crimes, weapons charges and any other felonies and misdemeanors.
Mr. Anderson also has an extensive amount of experience in challenging the revocation of driving privileges, license plate impoundment, civil forfeiture, and appellate litigation.
Mr. Anderson holds a bachelor’s degree from St. Cloud State University and received his law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law. He has been licensed to practice law since 2004 and has more than 15 years of experience.
He is licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Minnesota and North Dakota, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Anderson belongs to various professional organizations. He is a member of the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- 90%Criminal Defense
Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Appeals
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2018
About Kirk M. Anderson
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.kirkandersonlaw.com/attorney/
- Garcia-Mendoza v. 2003 Chevy Tahoe, 852 N.W.2d 659 (Minn. 2014)
- Patino v. One 2007 Chevrolet, 805 N.W.2d 906 (Minn.Ct.App. 2011)
- Patino v. One 2007 Chevrolet, 821 N.W.2d 810 (Minn. 2012)
- Burnet Realty, Inc. v. Uppal, 2008 WL 1800103 (Minn. 2008)
- State v. Rasmussen, 2014 WL 1271765 (Minn.Ct.App.)
- State v. Bussmann, 741 N.W.2d 79 (Minn. 2007)
- St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota, Bachelor of Science, 2000
- State of Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 8th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. District Court – District of North Dakota, 2011
- Congratulations to Kirk Anderson for being named a Minnesota Super Lawyer for the 1st time. #superlawyers https://t.co/xUFaVToHop
- @RussoHockey 👀👀👀👀
- Listen to "Pres. Trump's attempt to rescind DACA is denied . . . for now." by Right to Counsel. ⚓ https://t.co/EcQz7pcUHW
- Listen to "Prosecuting the Officers Involved in the Death of George Floyd" by Right to Counsel. ⚓ https://t.co/SF2d16dU6E
- Listen to "The Death of George Floyd" by Right to Counsel. ⚓ https://t.co/X9NWc0XSOE
Last Updated: 5/16/2022