Kristine A. Kubes
Top Rated Construction Litigation Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004
Kristine is a counselor, litigator, mediator in the arena of design and construction.
At the core of Kristine's practice is her value of relationship. She is attentive to the human side of conflict, committed to having her clients come through the dispute process better and stronger than when they started. Kristine is a seasoned construction attorney recognized for her skill in leadership, clear communication, and thinking outside the box. She has demonstrated strength in managing litigation, trying cases, negotiating settlements, handling appeals.
Kristine represents architects, engineers, designers, building and road contractors, and their sureties. She defends professional liability and general liability claims. In addition, she secures client’s payment claims via mechanic’s liens and contract claims. A proactive counselor, Kristine assists her clients in managing and minimizing risk by preparing and negotiating contracts, navigating project management and payment issues during contract performance, and evaluating and implementing best practices during the life of the construction and design process.
Kristine also mediates construction and design disputes, fueled by a passion for helping people feel heard and understood, breaking down barriers, and finding ways to resolve problems or claims more effectively. Kristine is an AV-rated attorney.
About Kristine A. Kubes
First Admitted: 1991, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.kubeslaw.com
- Board Member, ACEC-MN (2016-2018)
- ABA Forum on Construction Law - Chair-Elect (2018-19), National Chair (2019-2020); Governing Committee Member (2013-16); Division 3/Design (Chair 2010-12, Steering Committee Member 2004 to 2014); Special Programs and Education Committee (Chair 2014-2018, Committee Member 2007-2018); SPEC Distance Learning Subcommittee (Chair 2009-14). Teacher: AIA-MN ARE Review Course, "Construction Documents and Services," 2005 to present; Frequent CE lecturer on construction law and ethics. Member, Construction Law Committees of MN State Bar Association and Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Affiliate Member of ACEC, AIA, ASID, AWC
- Mediator, per Minnesota Supreme Court Panel of Qualified Neutrals
Pro bono/Community Service
- Public Member (2006 - 2013) and Board Chair (2009-11), State Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geo-science, and Interior Design
- Member, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, Professional Conduct Committee (2009 to 2015); Chair (2012 - 2015).
- Volunteer and pro bono construction law counsel at Tandem (Formerly Tapestry Family Resource Center) (2010 - present)
- Trustee, Church of the Visitation, Minneapolis, MN (2008 - 2012)
- B.A. in English and political science, College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN, 1986
- Infrastructure from the Ground Up focuses on horizontal construction---the infrastructure and civil engineering works that are prevalent in our daily lives. We have reached an age when large amounts of this national infrastructure are coming to the end of their useful lives, requiring substantial amounts of money for investment in repair and replacement. Significant construction projects mean significant legal organization and planning, as well as construction disputes.Infrastructure from the Ground Up provides lawyers with valuable, detailed information on the basics of the major types of infrastructure projects. Understanding the fundamental concepts of these projects gives an attorney an advantage in effectively representing clients., Literary Editor, Infrastructure from the Ground Up: Civil Engineering Works for Lawyers, ABA Book Publishing, ABA Forum On Construction Law, 2012
- Please see C.V. and publications list.
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, 2016
- ABA Forum On Construction Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022