Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Laurie Mack-Wagner is a founding shareholder of Mack & Santana Law Offices, P.C., in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Laurie focuses on complex civil litigation with a primary emphasis on cases involving family law, divorce and related causes of action. She is also a qualified mediator under Rule 114, which provides a cost-effective option for those parties looking for a neutral professional to assist them with resolving their legal disputes themselves through agreement.
Laurie has been named to the Top 100 2017 Minnesota Super Lawyers List. Prior to this award, she has been named a Minnesota Super Lawyer since 2011, and in 2013-2015 she was named to the Top 50 Women Minnesota Super Lawyers list. Laurie is a co-author of and featured in the Amazon best seller, A Cup of Coffee With 10 Leading Attorneys in the United States, Rutherford Publishing House, 2016.
Laurie received her bachelor's degree in business and Spanish in 1991 from Minnesota State University-Mankato, graduating summa cum laude and first in her class of almost 4,000. She then earned her Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law in 1994, graduating with highest honors and in the top 5 percent of her class.
Laurie began her legal career at the Florida offices of Carlton Fields before joining Barranco Kircher, & Vogelsang, P.A., a Miami-based, boutique litigation firm handling massive family law cases with marital estates averaging several million dollars. In 2000, Laurie returned to Minnesota where she has since focused exclusively on family law matters and related civil litigation.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
About Laurie Mack-Wagner
First Admitted: 1994, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.macksantanalaw.com/our-team/laurie-a-mack-wagner...
- Licensed in Florida as an attorney since 1994.
- First District Bar Association, Vice President, 2013-2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Program Judge, 2014-present
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2000-present
- First District Bar Association, 2011
- First District Bar Association, President, 2014-2015
- Florida Bar Association, 1994-present
- Member, Eighth District Bar Association, 2004-present
- First District Bar Association, Secretary Treasurer, 2012-2013
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association, 2000-present
- Minnesota State University - Mankato, Major in Spanish and Business Administration
Pro bono/Community Service
- Junior Achievement 2010-present (1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade JA classes)
- Prior Lake Rotary Club 2009-present
- MSBA Mock Trial Judge, 2014
- Co-Presenter, Family Law and the New Bankruptcy Reform Act, 2006
- Co-Author, Division of A Business in A Marriage Dissolution, Law Watch, Mansfield, Tanick & Cohen, P.A., Volume 17, Issue 2, Summer 2006
- Author, Preparing for the Client's Deposition in Divorce Cases, ABA, Young Lawyers, Family Law Committee
- Co-Presenter, Orders for Protection; Harassment Restraining Orders, Minnesota Paralegal Association's Annual Convention, 2008 and 2009
- Co-Author, Division of A Business in a Marriage Dissolution, Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Forum, Summer 2007
- Co-Presenter, The Basics of Child Support and Spousal Maintenance, Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Institute 2009
- Co-Presenter, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, The Basics of Child Support, Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law Institute
- Co-Author, Child Support (Chapter 1), The Family Law Financial Deskbook (Stephen Denis ed., 1st edition 2008 and updates), Minnesota State Bar Association
- Appeared in national magazine to answer St. Paul reader's question regarding the protection and treatment of an inheritance in the context of a possible future dissolution of marriage, Appeared In, Spirit of Money, Body & Soul, September 2007, Tracy Fernandez Rysavy
- Moderator, The Basics of Family Law, Minnesota CLE, June 18, 2008
- Panel Presenter, Emergency Proceedings: How to Effectively Advocate Emergency Issues in Court and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes, Hennepin County Bar Association, November 13, 2013. Presented the attorney/litigator's role/viewpoint in process on panel which also included two Hennepin County family court judges and an experienced ADR provider.
- Co-Presenter, Family Law Financial Deskbook Seminar, MN CLE, May 16, 2014
- Co-Author, Child Support (Chapter 1), Family Law Financial Deskbook, Stephen G. Dennis ed., 2nd edition, Minnesota CLE, April 2014
- Co-Presenter, Family Law Financial Matters, panel discussion on the 2012 Child Support Update for the Family Law Financial Deskbook and panel discussion on Common Financial Mistakes that Family Lawyers make in Divorce cases. MN CLE, May 17, 2012.
- Moderator, Answer Questions from Participants at Family Law Financial Video Replay, June 17, 2014, MN CLE.
- Author, Enforcement and Contempt Chapter of the Minnesota Divorce Practice Deskbook from Minnesota CLE 2015 and 2017 update
- Co-Presenter, Divorce A to Z, Insider's Guide to Commencing a Family Proceeding, Minnesota CLE, 2017
- Co-Author, A Cup of Coffee With 10 Leading Attorneys in the United States, Rutherford Publishing House, 2016
- Best Lawyer in America, 2016
- With Highest Honors, Top 5% of her Class, Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- July 2011- July 2017, Paul Harris Society - Prior Lake Rotary Club
- Awarded Laurie Membership in the Order of the Coif, Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Who's Who in Minnesota Family Law, 2005-2009
- Associate Editor, Florida State University Law Review, Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- How can divorce affect small or family businesses? https://t.co/DMpP5lr9At https://t.co/obZIrqquWD
- Understanding the financial implications of divorce after 50 https://t.co/D1iti8woyV https://t.co/c0F9flSJHh
- Sometimes equity in property division requires force of law https://t.co/QdrKV3SrXZ https://t.co/sJYxJo8c8b
- Spousal maintenance: When 'permanent' support isn't https://t.co/44UoXgLVwE https://t.co/1EIdzGKkQt
- How does Minnesota treat pet custody in divorce? https://t.co/cBlMP68ihT
Last Updated: 5/15/2022