Marshall H. Tanick
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMeyer Njus Tanick, PA
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, General litigation, Communications
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1974
Education: Stanford Law School
Languages Spoken: English, French, Hebrew
Marshall H. Tanick has substantial experience in a wide variety of legal matters, with emphasis on employment law, Constitutional law, communications, and business disputes. He has been certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association for more than 20 years, since inception of the Certified Program.
He served as a law clerk for Federal District Court Judge Carl R. Swanson and was an attorney with the Robbins Law Firm in the Twin Cities before spending more than 30 years as Senior Partner of the law firm of Mansfield, Tanick & Cohen, P.A., and its predecessor before joining Hellmuth & Johnson, along with eight other attorneys and staff from that firm.
He is a contributing columnist for Minnesota Lawyer magazine, Bench & Bar magazine, the StarTribune newspaper, and has published many articles in newspapers, magazines, and books on business, financial, and legal topics. He has just been named “Author of the Year” by the Minnesota Bar Publication, as well as recipient of the First Amendment Award by the Society of Professional Journalists, and the Distinguished Alumni Award by the University of Minnesota. He also is a frequent lecturer at Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs.
He is involved in a variety of civic and community activities, including Chair of the Golden Valley Civil Service Commission and the Golden Valley Connections Project. He also has served on other non-profit and charitable Boards of Directors.
First Admitted: 1974, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://meyernjus.com/professionals/marshall-tanick/
- University of Minnesota, Phi Betta Kappa Stanford Law Schoo, Order of Coif
- Outstanding Achievement Award, University of Minnesota Notable Alumni, University of Minnesota
- More than 1400 articles, CLE lectures
- Golden Valley Civil Service Commission; American Dog Owners Association; Animal Ark; Minnesota Jewish Theatre
- American Bar Association; Minnesota Bar Association; Hennepin County Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association; Society of Professional Journalists
- Super Lawyers: 1994, 1996 - 2022
Top listsTop 100: Minnesota Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2004, 2006, 2008 - 2009, 2012 - 2014
- Top 100: 2014 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2006 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2004 Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2003 Minnesota Super Lawyers
Certificates and credentials