Matthew S. Duffy
Top rated land use & zoning attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMonroe Moxness Berg PA
A highly-regarded land use and real estate lawyer, Matthew S. Duffy is an attorney at Monroe Moxness Berg. From the firm's offices in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he provides representation to his business and individual clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Minnesota state courts since 2010, Mr. Duffy is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Mr. Duffy divides his practice among land use and zoning, business litigation, and real estate matters. He has provided effective advocacy to a variety of clients, including landowners, commercial real estate developers and businesses in several industries. His land use and planning work has included permitting for industrial operations as well as environmental matters involving the Alternative Urban Areawide Review process. Other matters that Mr. Duffy has worked on have included boundary disputes, contract breaches, encroachments, and cases arising under the Minnesota Franchise Act. He has been able to obtain favorable results for his clients in the courtroom as well as through negotiations and mediation and in arbitration proceedings.
A member of the Hennepin County Bar Association as well as trade groups related to his practice, Mr. Duffy joined his current firm in January 2011.
Practice areasLand use/zoning, Real estate: business, Business litigation
- 40% Land use/zoning
- 40% Real estate: business
- 20% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2010, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/our-team/matthew-s-duffy/
- Hospitality Minnesota
- Wave Soccer Club - serve as a legal consultant to this non-profit board., 2022
- Give Hope Minnesota – I serve on the board of directors and as general counsel for this non-profit. Give Hope provides money and services to community organizations to assist with meals and financial support for communities in need. Most recently assisting restaurant and hospitality workers who were out of work during the pandemic and those with mental health and substance abuse issues., 2022
- Aggregate & Ready Mix Association of Minnesota
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas, B.A.
- , Rising Star , SuperLawyers, 2020
- What and how much insurance coverage is available to restaurant and foodservice businesses to cover the losses incurred as the result of the pandemic?, Author, Can I Use My Insurance Coverage for COVID-19?, Monroe Moxness Berg COVID-19 Resources, Restaurant And Hospitality, 2020
- The webinar focuses on emerging changes in restaurant and retail real estate, including new developments in redesign and renovation, new trends in service and operations, and health and sanitation issues. It also discusses legal issues and solutions emerging in restaurant and retail industry in the wake of the pandemic., Panelist, Current Issues and Trends Affecting the Restaurant Community, Minnesota Real Estate Journal webinar, Commercial Real Estate, Restaurant And Hospitality, 2020
- Aggregate Mining And Processing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use/Zoning
Office location for Matthew S. Duffy
7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844
- Rising Stars: 2020