Michael H. Frasier
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaRubric Legal LLC
Attorney Michael H. Frasier is a partner at Rubric Legal in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Frasier handles a variety of business and commercial matters, including trademark infringement suits, partnership, corporate, and LLC disputes, and acts as a legal consultant for small to mid-size Minnesota businesses. His clients come from the Twin Cities area and throughout the state of Minnesota.
After graduating from St. Olaf College, Mr. Frasier earned his law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. He has been admitted to practice law in Minnesota since 2007 and has litigated various matters in the areas of business, corporate and intellectual property law since that time.
A portion of Mr. Frasier’s practice is also spent creating business advising arrangements.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Frasier has been involved in many significant cases. One of his 2016 cases - a trademark infringement lawsuit - involved securing a permanent injunction and a six-figure judgment on summary judgment. In 2018, Mr. Frasier prevailed at trial to secure a permanent injunction in another trademark infringement lawsuit.
Mr. Frasier also represents businesses in ADA architectural barriers lawsuits. In 2019, he prevailed at the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, upholding a summary dismissal in an ADA lawsuit. In addition to his law practice, he served as a contributing author to a treatise designed for Minnesota business attorneys.
Mr. Frasier has been an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association since 2007 and is also active in MetroIBA, a Twin Cities based nonprofit organization that provides guidance and support to independent businesses within the region. He served as the vice president and president of the board.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Business/Corporate, General Litigation
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Litigation, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Trade Secret
- 20% Business Litigation
- 50% Intellectual Property Litigation
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2007, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://rubriclegal.com/about/michael-h-frasier/
- MetroIBA, Member
- St. Olaf
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Minnesota, 2007
- Contributing Author, Advising Minnesota Corporations and Other Business Organizations, Juris, 2011
- Authored and presented Common Post-Closing Claims and How to Avoid Them in the 2021 Deskbook, Co-author, Purchase and Sale of a Business Deskbook, 2021
- Midwest Disability Initiative v. Nico's Taco Bar. I obtained a dismissal of ADA architectural barriers claims against Nico's Taco Bar at the district court. MDI appealed to the Eighth Circuit. I defended the appeal and the Eighth Circuit affirmed the district court's opinion., 2019
- Safeway Transit LLC v. Discount Party Bus Inc. Following a bench trial, I obtained a permanent injunction on a trademark infringement lawsuit., 2018
- Zerorez v. Distinctive Cleaning. I obtained a permanent injunction and a judgment for $374,000 on summary judgment, 2016
Office location for Michael H. Frasier
111 3rd Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2022