Nicholas N. Sperling
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaTrepanier MacGillis Battina P.A.
Nicholas N. Sperling is an attorney at Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Sperling represents individual, corporate, and nonprofit clients in all aspects of business law, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, employment law, nonprofit law, information technology law, and appellate law. He practices throughout Minnesota.
Mr. Sperling has been an attorney for over a decade and has a wide variety of litigation, arbitration and mediation experience. He works with issues such as breach of contract, real estate, software licensing agreements and more.
Active in the Minnesota State Bar Association, Mr. Sperling belongs to the business law section and the tech law section and is a former member of the technology and computer law council. He also belongs to the State Bar of Wisconsin and is a member of the business law section.
Volunteering his time to his community is important to Mr. Sperling. He is the former board chair for Reach out and Read Minnesota' board of directors, serves as a board member for Twin Cities F.I.T., and is currently an adjunct professor of Negotiation 905-02 at the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
Mr. Sperling earned a bachelor’s in applied science (B.A.S.) degree from the University of Minnesota Duluth and received his juris doctor (J.D.) law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law, graduating in the top third of his class. He holds licenses to practice before all Minnesota and Wisconsin state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A., Mr. Sperling practiced at a private Minneapolis-based law firm, where he oversaw the information technology and small business practice groups. He also has experience writing and editing content for a legal technology company. Prior to that, Mr. Sperling clerked for a Wisconsin Circuit Court Judge.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate, Real Estate: Business, Technology Transactions, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Science and Technology Law
- 30% Business Litigation
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Technology Transactions
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2010, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://trepanierlaw.com/nicholas-n-sperling/
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Computer and Technology Law Section, Member of Technology and Computer Law Council, 2019-2020; 2021-2022
- Western District of Wisconsin, 2019
- District of Minnesota, 2015
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2011
- Minnesota Supreme Court, 2010
- Minnesota Technology Law Section, 2017
- Wisconsin Bar Business Law Section, 2018
- Minnesota North Star Lawyer
- MSBA Business Law Section, 2018
- PPT presentation on managing business risk to Viterbo University MBA students, Guest Lecturer, Managing Business Risk, LinkedIn, Education
- Adjunct Faculty Member at University of St. Thomas School of Law 2019-2020
- Named as a Rising Star in the areas of Business Litigation, Business/Corporate Law, Real Estate: Business, Nonprofit Organizations and Technology Transactions 2020-2021
- 2017 North Star Lawyer., North Star Lawyer, MSBA, 2017
- University of Minnesota – Duluth, B.A.S., 2003
- ADR Certificate, 2010
- Pro Bono consultations with multiple nonprofit entities, including governance issues and 990 tax review., 2017
- Wills for Heroes - Volunteer attorney., 2014
- Pro Bono consultations with multiple nonprofit entities, including governance issues and 990 tax review., 2018
- Volunteer Lawyers Network - Pro Bono Clinic volunteer, 2018
- Director - Reach Out and Read Minnesota Board of Directors
Office location for Nicholas N. Sperling
8000 Flour Exchange Building
310 Fourth Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Rising Stars: 2020