Nicholas N. Sperling
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
- Free Consultation
Nicholas N. Sperling is an attorney at Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Sperling represents individual, corporate, and nonprofit clients in all aspects of business law, commercial litigation, employment law, nonprofit law, and information technology law. He practices throughout Minnesota.
Mr. Sperling has been an attorney for over a decade and has a wide variety of litigation, arbitration and mediation experience. He works with issues such as breach of contract, real estate, software licensing agreements and more.
Active in the Minnesota State Bar Association, Mr. Sperling belongs to the business law section and the tech law section and is a former member of the technology and computer law council. He also belongs to the State Bar of Wisconsin and is a member of the business law section.
Volunteering his time to his community is important to Mr. Sperling. He is the board chair for Reach out and Read Minnesota' board of directors, serves as a board member for Twin Cities F.I.T., and is currently an adjunct faculty member at the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
Mr. Sperling earned a bachelor’s in applied science (B.A.S.) degree from the University of Minnesota Duluth and received his juris doctor (J.D.) law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law, graduating in the top third of his class. He holds licenses to practice before all Minnesota and Wisconsin state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A., Mr. Sperling practiced at a private Minneapolis-based law firm, where he oversaw the information technology and small business practice groups. He also has experience writing and editing content for a legal technology company. Prior to that, Mr. Sperling clerked for a Wisconsin Circuit Court Judge.
About Nicholas N. Sperling
First Admitted: 2010, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://trepanierlaw.com/nicholas-n-sperling/
- PPT presentation on managing business risk to Viterbo University MBA students, Guest Lecturer, Managing Business Risk, LinkedIn, Education
- Adjunct Faculty Member at University of St. Thomas School of Law 2019-2020
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Computer and Technology Law Section, Member of Technology and Computer Law Council, 2018-2019
- Western District of Wisconsin, 2019
- District of Minnesota, 2015
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2011
- Minnesota Supreme Court, 2010
- Minnesota Technology Law Section, 2017
- Wisconsin Bar Business Law Section, 2018
- Minnesota North Star Lawyer, 2017
- MSBA Business Law Section, 2018
- Named as a Rising Star in the areas of Business Litigation, Business/Corporate Law, Real Estate: Business, Nonprofit Organizations and Technology Transactions 2020-2021
- 2017 North Star Lawyer., North Star Lawyer, MSBA, 2017
- University of Minnesota – Duluth, B.A.S., 2003
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono consultations with multiple nonprofit entities, including governance issues and 990 tax review., 2017
- Wills for Heroes - Volunteer attorney., 2014
- Pro Bono consultations with multiple nonprofit entities, including governance issues and 990 tax review., 2018
- Volunteer Lawyers Network - Pro Bono Clinic volunteer, 2018
- Director - Reach Out and Read Minnesota Board of Directors
Last Updated: 5/15/2022