Paul K. Downes
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaSiebenCarey
A highly regarded personal injury litigation attorney, Paul K. Downes practices out of SiebenCarey in Minneapolis, Minnesota. A significant portion of his client base includes people who are needlessly facing innumerable challenges and life-altering injuries due to medical malpractice; premises liability accidents; catastrophic injuries leading to disability or death; car, bus and truck accidents; slip-and-falls; bicycle and pedestrian accidents; and defective product injuries.
Certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Minnesota State Bar Association, Mr. Downes has spent his 30-year career constantly striving to obtain rightful compensation for clients, and he has been successful in securing millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. This has earned him a membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership in this organization is limited to trial attorneys who have won million and multimillion-dollar cases.
A 1989 Bachelor of Arts graduate of the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, Mr. Downes received his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law in 1992. He became qualified to appear in all the state courts of Minnesota the same year.
Delivering positive results and excellent client services have earned Mr. Downes many awards and honors. He is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell, one of the most respected directories in the legal community. He was also recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for his work in plaintiff personal injury litigation.
Active in bar and community activities, Mr. Downes is a proud member of the American Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He also served on the board of directors of the Minnesota Association for Justice. He volunteered to offer services to those affected by diabetes through the help of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), a nonprofit organization. Moreover, he functions as a mentor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law and as a coach at the Eagan Athletic Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Arbitration, Dram Shop Laws, Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.knowyourrights.com/ourattorneys/paul-f-downes.as...
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Board of Directors, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Super Lawyer - Thomson Reuters
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Paul Downes was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. The annual Best Lawyers ranking is based on a peer-review survey in which more than 50,000 leading attorneys cast nearly five million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas., Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiff's, Best Lawyers of America
- Top Rated Lawyer In Personal Injury Law, AV Preeminent 5.0 Rating; The highest rating for professional skills, Martindale Hubbell
- Eagan Youth Athletic Association, Coach
- University of St. Thomas Law School, Mentor
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Volunteer
- Pedestrian Hit by Bicyclist Receives Devastating Head Injury, $500,000 SettlementTeen Injured on Jet Ski When Struck by Boat, Settlement ConfidentialCanadian Fishing Trip Changes Life, $285,000 Settlement Uninsured Driver Causes Devastating Collision, $300,000 SettlementSchool Bus Driver Faces Worst Nightmare, $145,000 SettlementJury Awards $2 Million to Football Player Blinded in Warehouse District Assault Construction Worker Hit in Broad Daylight by Drunk Driver, $100,000 Settlement Faulty Medical Device Recalled, Too Late to Prevent Injury, $160,000 Settlement Man Killed In St. Cloud Gas Line ExplosionE.coli Poisoning Causes Kidney Damage to 11-year old girl, Settlement ConfidentialPaul Downes Provides Future Security to Injured Child, $487,500 SettlementFall from Faulty Deck Causes Serious Injury, $210,000 SettlementInsurance Company Attempts to Settle Quickly for $2,400. Paul Downes Settles the Case for $69,000.Semi Collision in Indiana, $215,000 SettlementTeenage Driver Causes Collision, $314,286 Settlement
- B.A., University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN, 1989
Office location for Paul K. Downes
901 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402