Philip J. Ruce
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018
- Free Consultation
Philip J. Ruce is an attorney and the founder of Stone Arch Law Office, PLLC, in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Mr. Ruce assists individuals and families throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area with their estate planning needs. He has experience with estate administration, probate matters, trusts, wills and other areas of estate planning.
Before practicing law, Mr. Ruce worked as a professional trustee and spent several years working in the financial services industry. Mr. Ruce is the author of numerous articles on trust and estate planning topics and has had his materials published by educational institutions around the country. Some of these publications include the Drake Law Review, the Gonzaga Law Review, the Quinnipiac Law Review, and the South Texas Law Review. His work has also been featured in the real property, trust and estate law journal published by the American Bar Association.
Mr. Ruce holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota and a master of laws degree from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law. He earned his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law and has been admitted to practice law in Minnesota since 2008. He also holds a law license in South Dakota.
Enthusiastic about volunteering his time to causes he cares about, Mr. Ruce is a member of the advisory board for Minneapolis Animal Care & Control and serves for a variety of other Minneapolis based animal rescue groups. In addition, he provides legal services to the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
About Philip J. Ruce
First Admitted: 2008, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.stonearchlaw.com/attorney-philip-ruce/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Minneapolis Animal Care and Control, Advisory Board Member
- The Trustee and the Trust Protector: A Question of Fiduciary Power - Should a Trust Protector Be Held to a Fiduciary Standard?, Drake Law Review, Vol. 59, p. 67, 2010
- Anti-Money Laundering: The Challenges of Know Your Customer Legislation for Private Bankers and the Hidden Benefits for Relationship Management ('The Bright Side of Knowing Your Customer'), The Banking Law Journal, Vol. 128, No. 6, p. 548, June 2011
- The Bank Secrecy Act: The Not-so-Safe Harbor Provision and the Whitney Rule’s Double Standard for SAR Supporting Documentation, Financial Fraud Law Report, Vol. 3, No. 7, p. 608, 2011
- The Trustee and the Spendthrift: The Argument against Small Trust Termination, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Journal, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2011
- The Bank Secrecy Act: Considerations for Continuing Banking Relationships after the Filing of a Suspicious Activity Report, Quinnipiac Law Review, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2011
- The Trustee and the Prudent Investor: The Emerging Acceptance of Alternative Investments as the New Fiduciary Standard, South Texas Law Review, Vol. 53, No. 4, 2012
- The Trustee and the Spendthrift: The Argument against Small Trust Termination, 48 Gonz. L. Rev. 163, 2012/13
- The Trustee and the Remainderman: The Trustee’s Duty to Inform, (American Bar Association) Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal, 2011
- Trustee University: The Guidebook to Best Practices for Family Trustees, ArchStone Publications, LLC , 2015
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD, 2008
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, LLM, 2012
- University of Minnesota, B.A.
- Member, Minnesota State Bar, 2008
- South Dakota State Bar, 2020
- Congratulations to Mark - our new Director of Legal Support! This promotion is well-deserved, and we are lucky to… https://t.co/k0SBqjBt0k
- What is the difference between a revocable trust and an irrevocable trust? The difference is right in the name. A r… https://t.co/IXz8xtb4MK
- Happy #FathersDay to all our Stone Arch Law dads! “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and as… https://t.co/VbMGTkpMzD
- Should the unthinkable happen, you want your spouse to be able to continue living in the house you made into a home… https://t.co/uGoqijc79Q
- Meet our Client Services Director, Meg! Meg is the first contact for all our clients and remains their point of co… https://t.co/1U5vGT2fOW
Last Updated: 5/15/2022