Richard R. Gibson
Top rated mergers & acquisitions attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMonroe Moxness Berg PA
Attorney Richard R. Gibson is a shareholder with Monroe Moxness Berg PA law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Recognized as among the best lawyers in the nation, Mr. Gibson has more than 35 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Twin Cities metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business and corporate law
· Corporate finance
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Estates and trusts
· Real estate law and transactions
· Tax planning
· Wealth preservation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Gibson has achieved notable success delivering invaluable counsel to his commercial clients while helping them achieve their goals and the positive results they seek for their legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. He has extensive experience structuring a wide range of business-related documents while negotiating and drafting effective contracts and agreements.
Moreover, Mr. Gibson has successfully handled numerous mergers and acquisitions throughout his career, and he has become an authority on state and federal tax laws, which he uses to help his clients mitigate their tax liabilities and preserve more of their wealth. He is also a recognized leader in franchise law and has written extensively on the topic.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism, Mr. Gibson has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America© in the areas of mergers and acquisitions. Franchise Times Magazine has also voted him a Legal Eagle for 2020, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1983 graduate of Arizona State University, Mr. Gibson attended the University of Minnesota Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1985. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Tax Court. He is also an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Hennepin County Bar Association and the American Bar Association's Tax Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasMergers & acquisitions, Business/corporate, Estate & trust litigation, Securities & corporate finance, Real estate: business, Tax: business
Business organizations, Mortgage & refinance, Tax law
- 20% Mergers & acquisitions
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Securities & corporate finance
- 10% Real estate: business
- 10% Tax: business
First Admitted: 1985, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/team/richard-r-gibson/
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine
- In recognition for outstanding legal services to the franchise industry, Franchise Times magazine has given this recognition to Rick for several years running, starting in 2013., Legal Eagles, Franchise Times, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Arizona State University, B.S., Finances
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association Member: Tax Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar
- Represented long-time Wendy’s franchisee in pursuing a succession plan and asset diversification plan involving the client’s interests that included 120+ QSR locations across several states, 100 owned real estate locations (for QSR business), other hospitality (restaurant business), and other real estate and unrelated businesses., 2016
- Represented Midwest-based operator of 30 fine dining restaurants in negotiations with national real estate investment trust and private investment firm on sale and leaseback of 9 restaurant properties; transaction closed with sale leaseback to private real estate investment firm, 2017
- Represented seller in a sale of 38 Wendy’s restaurants in the Midwest, including the sale of 24 fee properties to the buyer and retaining and leasing 5 fee properties to the buyer. Franchisee to franchisee transaction with significant involvement by franchisor, 2017
- Represented a 50-unit long-time Taco Bell franchisee in the Chicago and greater Chicago in a sale of the restaurants and associated real estate. The transaction involved the sale of the real estate to the buyer in a well-known institutional real estate REIT., 2016
- Wendy's Restaurants of Rochester, Inc Imperial Plastics, Inc., 2017
- Multi-unit Retail
Office location for Richard R. Gibson
7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844
- Super Lawyers: 1999 - 2000, 2006, 2012 - 2013, 2018 - 2023