Robert T. Brabbit
Top rated personal injury attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaSiebenCarey
Robert T. Brabbit is an attorney at SiebenCarey in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Brabbit has more than 28 years of experience litigating personal injury matters, serving plaintiffs in the Twin Cities and throughout the state of Minnesota. He handles matters involving automobile negligence, product liability, workers’ compensation and wrongful death, as well as asbestos-related injuries including asbestosis, lung cancer and mesothelioma.
Before joining SiebenCarey, Mr. Brabbit was a founding partner in Brabbit & Salita, PA. Over the course of his years in practice, he has successfully litigated numerous personal injury cases, resulting in an AV Preeminent* peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest available rating by the prominent organization.
Mr. Brabbit is actively involved in the Minnesota legal community. He belongs to the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He is the author of a chapter in the Minnesota State District Court Civil Practice Deskbook.
In addition, Mr. Brabbit is a former co-chair of the Hennepin County Bar Association’s workers’ compensation section and has lectured on workers’ compensation at continuing legal education seminars. He is a former adjunct professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law, where he taught trial advocacy and advanced trial advocacy.
Mr. Brabbit earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota and received his law degree from Mitchell Hamline School of Law. He holds a license to practice law in Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1991, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.knowyourrights.com/ourattorneys/robert-t-brabbit...
- Woodbury Soccer Club, Soccer Coach
- Woodbury Hockey Association, Hockey Coach
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice
- Minnesota, 1991
- Hennepin County Bar Association Workers Compensation Section, Co chair, 1999 - 2001
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1991
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Wisconsin, 1992
- U.S. District Court
- William Mitchell Law Review, Butzin v. Wood, The Eighth Circuit's End Run of Miranda , 1990, Author
- Staff Member, William Mitchell Law Review, William Mitchell College of Law, 1989-1990
- Executive Editor, William Mitchell Law Review, William Mitchell College of Law, 1990-1991
- Chapter 4 Amendment of Peadings, Author, Minnesota State District Court Civil Practice Deskbook, Minnesota Lawyers And Judges, 2019
- Lecturer, Legal education seminars regarding workers’ compensation and civil litigation issues
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Minnesota State District Court Civil Practice Deskbook, Amendment of Pleadings , Chapter 8, 2009-2017, Author
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy and Advanced Trial Advocacy, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Minnesota Top 40 Workers' Compensation Attorney, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2005-2012
- Super Lawyer - Thomson Reuters, Workers' Compensation
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Martindale-Hubbell awarded AV rating
- Minnesota Top 40 Personal Injury Attorney, Minnesota Law & Politics, 2005
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics, since 1996
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, B.A., 1985
Office location for Robert T. Brabbit
901 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 1998 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 1998 - 1999
Find me online
- Using a dangerously defective product can be devastating, and the injuries life-changing. It's worth asking an expe… https://t.co/1eX7kEetpa
- PBS compiled this history of the deadliest work accidents from 1860 to 2010. While America's workplaces are much sa… https://t.co/aOkx7OxZtl
- 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱-𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗺𝘀 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁? This legal action allows injured employees to seek additional c… https://t.co/OcqI7uEvNW