Top rated criminal defense attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaLaw Offices of Ryan Garry, L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 2004
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
Law Offices of Ryan Garry, L.L.C.333 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402 Visit website
Ryan is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Ryan Garry, LLC, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ryan is certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, has nearly 20 years of serious state and federal criminal defense, and he has achieved outstanding success advocating on behalf of clients throughout the United States, including case dismissals and not guilty verdicts.
Over the course of his legal career, Ryan has successfully handled a wide range of state and federal criminal cases, focusing on criminal sexual conduct, white collar crime, narcotic state and federal drug cases and murder. From his efforts, he has achieved a long record of securing acquittals, dismissals, not guilty jury verdicts and reductions of charges for his clients, and he has represented clients from every walk of life, from the homeless to well-known celebrities and sports figures, doctors, lawyers and other professionals. His most recent "not guilty verdicts" included acquitting a decorated State Trooper of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the First Degree, a crime which would have sent him to prison for at least 12 years, a college student charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct in the First Degree, when the jury acquitted him in an hour after a trial that lasted over a week, and a doctor charged with 7 counts of Criminal Sexual Conduct alleged by 4 prior patients, all all charges were dismissed in the middle of the trial.
Ryan credits his success with his outstanding trial abilities and his unwavering commitment to protect the rights, liberties and freedom of those he serves. Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has received "Superb, 10 out of 10 client" ratings on AVVO, and was awarded Top 100 lawyer from Super Lawyers in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Ryan attended William Mitchell College of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. Along with practicing before all Minnesota state and federal courts, he holds admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court as well as other federal courts throughout the United States. In 2020, Ryan and his co-counsel argued a case before the Minnesota Supreme Court involving law enforcement raiding the law offices of a local attorney and taking all of her confidential files.
Ryan recently ended his term as President of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL). He is also serves on the MSBA Board for the Criminal Law Specialist committee, comprised of Judges, prosecutors, and the top criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar
Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://ryangarry.com/about-us/
- Ryan represented an attorney whose offices were raided by state and federal law enforcement officials
- Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorneys. https://ryangarry.com | (612) 436-3051 | Ryan Garry is an experienced Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorney that represents individuals dealing with accusations and serious criminal charges alleged by the state and federal government. Ryan is included in the small group of attorneys recognized by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Criminal Law Specialist, a certification held by less than 3% of all criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota. He is also recognized by his peers as a Superlawyer, a designation afforded to the top 5% of criminal defense lawyers. Call today for a free consultation!, Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorneys - Ryan Garry, Criminal Defense
- United States Supreme Court
- Executive Board Member of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District of Minnesota
- State of Minnesota
- Along with a team of lawyers, Ryan was awarded the Special Achievement Award by the MACDL in 2020 for representing an attorney whose law offices were raided by law enforcement. The litigation went from the district court to the Minnesota State Supreme Court., Special Achievement Award, Minnesota Society of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2020
- Top 100 Lawyer in Minnesota from 2018-2023, Top 100 Lawyers (Superlawyers), Superlawyers
- Rising Star Superlawyer
- For all not guilty verdicts and dismissed cases, visit www.ryangarry.com
- William Mitchell College of Law, 2004
- Ryan represented a man charged with criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, on a pro-bono basis during the entire case. The trial lasted two weeks., 2012
- Criminal Law Specialist, Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012
- Along with a team of lawyers, Ryan was awarded the Special Achievement Award by the MACDL in 2020 for representing an attorney whose law offices were raided by law enforcement. The litigation went from the district court to the Minnesota State Supreme Court., 2020
- Board Member of the MSBA Criminal Law Specialist Committee
- Former President of the Minnesota Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Office location for Ryan Garry
333 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
Top ListsTop 100: Minnesota Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Ryan is an aggressive effective advocate for his clients. He is a young attorney who has already accomplished more than most lawyers do throughout their careers. I would have no hesitation recommending Ryan to anyone charged with a criminal offense.”
“A very good lawyer. Works hard for clients and is good with juries.”
“Ryan is exceptional as a criminal defense attorney. I have continuously referred clients to him for years and every one provides positive feedback. That is because he goes to the end of the Earth for his clients and has had remarkable success as a result.”