Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
Ryan is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Ryan Garry, LLC, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ryan is certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, and has more than 17 years of criminal defense litigation experience. He focuses his practice on serious state and federal criminal defense, and he has achieved outstanding success advocating on behalf of clients throughout the United States.
Over the course of his legal career, Ryan has successfully handled a wide range of state and federal criminal cases, focusing on criminal sexual conduct, white collar crime, narcotic state and federal drug cases and homicide. From his efforts, he has achieved a long record of securing acquittals, dismissals, not guilty jury verdicts and reductions of charges for his clients, and he has represented clients from every walk of life, from the homeless to well-known celebrities and sports figures, doctors, lawyers and other professionals. His most recent not guilty verdict came at the end of 2020 when he acquitted a decorated State Trooper of Criminal Sexual Conduct in the First Degree, a crime which would have sent him to prison for at least 12 years.
Ryan credits his success with his outstanding trial abilities and his unwavering commitment to protect the rights, liberties and freedom of those he serves. Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has received "Superb, 10 out of 10 client" ratings on AVVO, and was awarded Top 100 lawyer from Super Lawyers in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Ryan attended William Mitchell College of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2004. Along with practicing before all Minnesota state and federal courts, he holds admission to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court as well as other courts throughout the nation. In 2020, Ryan and his co-counsel argued a case before the Minnesota Supreme Court involving law enforcement raiding the law offices of a local attorney and taking all of her confidential files.
Ryan serves as President of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL). He is also serves on the MSBA board for the Criminal Law Specialist committee, comprised of respected Judges, prosecutors, and the top criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota.
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
About Ryan Garry
First Admitted: 2004, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://ryangarry.com/about-us/
- Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorneys. https://ryangarry.com | (612) 436-3051 | Ryan Garry is an experienced Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorney that represents individuals dealing with accusations and serious criminal charges alleged by the state and federal government. Ryan is included in the small group of attorneys recognized by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Criminal Law Specialist, a certification held by less than 3% of all criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota. He is also recognized by his peers as a Superlawyer, a designation afforded to the top 5% of criminal defense lawyers. Call today for a free consultation!, Minneapolis Criminal Defense Attorneys - Ryan Garry, Criminal Defense
- United States Supreme Court
- Executive Board Member of the Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District of Minnesota
- State of Minnesota
- Along with a team of lawyers, Ryan was awarded the Special Achievement Award by the MACDL in 2020 for representing an attorney whose law offices were raided by law enforcement. The litigation went from the district court to the Minnesota State Supreme Court., Special Achievement Award, Minnesota Society of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2020
- Top 100 Lawyer in Minnesota, 2018 and 2019, Top 100 Lawyers (Superlawyers)
- Rising Star Superlawyer
- For all not guilty verdicts and dismissed cases, visit www.ryangarry.com
- William Mitchell College of Law, 2004
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ryan represented a man charged with criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, on a pro-bono basis during the entire case. The trial lasted two weeks., 2012
- Criminal Law Specialist, Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association, 2012
- Along with a team of lawyers, Ryan was awarded the Special Achievement Award by the MACDL in 2020 for representing an attorney whose law offices were raided by law enforcement. The litigation went from the district court to the Minnesota State Supreme Court., 2020
- Executive Board Member and Future President
- Minnesota Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Recent Press Release on Theft & Bribery legal services. https://t.co/PU1esPDd75
- Get The Best Minneapolis Criminal Defense Representation From This Top Firm https://t.co/nVCtrlXI0B
- Two Week Felony Jury Trial Verdict: NOT GUILTY 👊 https://t.co/DipNS04PYB
- 2 Week Felony Jury Trial 16 Hours Jury Deliberation Verdict: Not Guilty
- Check out our updated website that is designed to give our Minneapolis defense a better user experience.… https://t.co/CNY4oQtPzO
Last Updated: 5/15/2022