Top Rated Civil Rights Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008 - 2009, 2011, 2014 - 2016
As a partner at Newmark Storms Dworak Law Office, LLC, attorney Ryan Vettleson advocates for the rights and best interests of clients in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has spent the last two decades building his experience in personal injury, civil rights, employment law, product liability and commercial litigation.
Qualified to practice in all the state courts of Minnesota since 2001, Mr. Vettleson has taken hundreds of cases to trial and procured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his clients. Some of his representative results include:
· A $3 million settlement in a commercial truck accident
· A $1.5 million recovery in a wrongful death suit
· A $1 million settlement for a woman who sustained burn injuries
· A $500,000 settlement for a 16-year-old girl injured in a school bus accident
Mr. Vettleson attended the University of Minnesota, Morris, where he graduated with the highest honors with a Bachelor of Arts in English and history in 1998. He was also a part of the university’s mock trial team and soccer club. In 2001, he obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Minnesota Law School.
Following law school, Mr. Vettleson served as a judicial clerk for Judge Thomas Kalitowski at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. He functioned as an attorney and later as a partner at a renowned Minnesota law firm for 12-plus years before partnering with Newmark Storms Dworak Law Office, LLC. He also taught legal writing at the University of Minnesota Law School.
Maintaining a chief role within his legal community, Mr. Vettleson holds active memberships in professional legal organizations such as the Minnesota Association for Justice, the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association.
Recognizing Mr. Vettleson’s contributions to the legal profession, The National Trial Lawyers selected him for inclusion in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Minnesota in 2014 and the Top 40 under 40 list in 2013. He was also named a “Litigation Star” in Benchmark Plaintiff’s 2014 edition.
About Ryan Vettleson
First Admitted: 2001, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.newmarkstorms.com/attorneys/ryan-o-vettleson/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Legal writing instructor at the University of Minnesota Law School.
- Member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, Minnesota Bar Association, and Federal Bar Association.
- Ryan was selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 for Minnesota. According to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40: “Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. The result is a credible, comprehensive and impressive list of young attorneys chosen to represent their state.”, Top 40 under 40 for Minnesota, National Trial Lawyer, 2012
- Ryan Vettleson was selected as a Litigation Star in the 2013 and 2014 edition of Benchmark Plaintiff, a guide to America’s leading plaintiff litigation firms and attorneys. Individuals and are named in this publication only after “extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.”, 2012
- Ryan was selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers for Minnesota in 2014. , 2014
Last Updated: 6/7/2022