Scott G. Husaby
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaMonroe Moxness Berg PA
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Business & corporate, Tax; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1988
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
Monroe Moxness Berg PA7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844 Visit website
Attorney Scott G. Husaby is one of the most widely regarded estate planning and administration attorneys in Minnesota, especially for high-net worth individuals and business owners. As part of that practice, he counsels clients on business succession and transition issues, most notably in large, multi-unit ownership situations. Mr. Husaby is a shareholder with Monroe Moxness Berg law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and he provides counsel in all of the following areas:
- Business law
- Estates and trusts
- Multi-unit succession and transition (MUST)
- Tax planning
- Wealth preservation
As part of his wealth preservation and estate planning practices, Mr. Husaby regularly assists his clients with retirement planning, asset protection, business succession, exit planning and employee incentive programs. He also assists his clients with tax planning, helps them resolve their pressing tax controversy issues and delivers highly personalized counsel in all areas of general corporate law.
A leader in his field, Mr. Husaby recently published a book answering the most pressing questions faced by estate professionals ("Are You Missing the Mark? Twenty Common Mistakes, Misconceptions, Missteps and Missed Opportunities in Estate Planning"). He has also published numerous articles and conducted many lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics related to taxation, business law, estate planning and succession, and other subjects. He also leads the firm's MUST group.
Honored for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Husaby has been named to the Franchise Times Top 125 Legal Eagles list, and Mpls.St.Paul Magazine and Twin Cities Business Monthly have included him on their Five Star: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager list. He also holds a listing in Minnesota and Politics Magazine's Who's Who in Trust/Estate Planning Law, and he was selected for inclusion in Minnesota Rising Stars in 2002.
A graduate of St. Olaf College, Mr. Husaby obtained his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law). He received his license to practice from the Minnesota State Bar Association in 1988, and he is admitted to practice in North Dakota as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Tax Court.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Tax: business, Estate & trust litigation
Business organizations, Tax law
- 40% Estate planning & probate
- 30% Business/corporate
- 20% Tax: business
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 1988, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://mmblawfirm.com/our-team/scott-g-husaby/
- St. Olaf College – B.A.
- Minnesota State Bar
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Tax Section
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court – District of Minnesota
- North Dakota State Bar
- Named every year since 2009 as one of franchising industry's top 125 lawyers by Franchise Times magazine., Legal Eagle, Franchise Times, 2020
- Who’s Who in Trust/Estate Planning Law, Minnesota Law & Politics magazine
- Rising Star
- Awarded for five years in recognition of outstanding estate planning services, Five Star Financial Service Professional, Five Star Professional, 2016
- Review of critical estate-planning documents that need to be accessible to assist clients in the event of health- or quarantine-related issues., Author, COVID-19: Make Sure Critical Planning Documents Are Accessible, Monroe Moxness Berg COVID-19 Resources, 2020
- Various: I do a quite a bit of work with families or individuals who cannot afford our fees. This typically involves estate issues, aging parents, special needs children, etc. If I have capacity I will often help them on a no-fee basis. , 2021
- Involved in our church (St. Thomas Becket in Eagan) as well as my son's school (St. Thomas Academy)., 2021
- Coached youth sports most of adult life.
- Business Ownership
- Multi-unit Restaurant And Retail
Office location for Scott G. Husaby
7760 France Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55435-5844
- Rising Stars: 2002