Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaChristensen Law Office PLLC
Attorney Scott Jurchisin is an attorney at Christensen Law Office PLLC--a Minneapolis, Minnesota, law firm. He offers litigation services related to business law and construction law. He previously represented victims of medical malpractice at his prior plaintiffs’ civil litigation firm.
Mr. Jurchisin is well known for his deep understanding of the law and his ability to work within the legal system in order to achieve justice for individuals and businesses against large corporations. With a passionate and systematic outlook, he represents businesses in a proactive and growth-oriented way. His clients rely on him to provide creative, robust solutions to their problems, based on his extensive knowledge and solid experience in handling a variety of cases.
Upon graduating from Hamline University in 2013 with a B.A. in legal studies and philosophy, Mr. Jurchisin obtained his law degree from the Mitchell Hamline School of Law in 2016. His law school accomplishments include receiving a CALI Excellence for the Future Award, making it to the dean’s list and serving on the executive committee of Volume 42 of the Mitchell Hamline Law Review. He was a quarterfinalist in a national mock trial competition in 2016 and won a national moot court competition and award for best brief in 2015.
Mr. Jurchisin began his legal career as a law clerk to the Honorable Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks. He is licensed to practice before all state courts across Minnesota and North Dakota and the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. He holds memberships in organizations such as the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association. He has published an article titled “The Lowdown on Hitech – The Access” in the spring of 2020 in Robins Kaplan Justice Report.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Consumer, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation: Business
- 50% Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 40% Business Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
First Admitted: 2016, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.clawoffice.com/team/scott-jurchisin/
- Coached high school mock trail programs at Nova Classical Academy (2018) (2nd place at 2018 Nationals) and Centennial High School (2018-2023).
- Served as faculty for the NITA Building Trial Skills Program in Minneapolis., 2023
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Mock Trial Committee: I help plan and run the team training that is available to all mock trial teams and focuses on various trial skills, such as opening statements and closing arguments, objections, and cross examinations.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Hamline University
- National Moot Court Competition
- CALI award recipient, earned Dean’s List honors
- Award for best brief in 2015
- Quarterfinalist in a national mock trial competition in 2016
- State of Minnesota
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association MSBA Mock Trial Advisory Committee
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- State of North Dakota
- The HITECH Act allowed patients to obtain their medical records for $6.50 when attorneys were paying thousands of dollars for the same medical records for their clients. This article explained how the courts have reacted to HITECH, and how attorneys can save their clients money when obtaining their clients' medical records., Author, The Lowdown on HITECH--The Access Your Clients Still Have to Their Medical Records, Robins Kaplan Justice Report (Spring 2020, Volume 14, No.2), Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, 2020
- Executive Committee of Volume 42 of the Mitchell Hamline Law Review
- Represented homeowners at arbitration for their construction defect claims against their builder. Awarded the full amount of the claim: $81,062.88., 2023
- Represented sellers in non-disclosure case in which buyers were seeking over $30,000 in damages. Award at arbitration was for less than $4,000., 2023
- Represented homeowner in a construction defect case against his contractor. Early settlement of $10,000., 2023
- Represented homeowner in a lawsuit against her contractors in a mechanic's lien and construction defect case. The jury awarded the homeowner over $275,000 on her negligence claim., 2023
- Represented homeowners in conciliation court against a contractor who did not finish a remodeling project; received a favorable verdict in which the court ordered defendant to pay homeowners over $3,300, 2022
Office location for Scott Jurchisin
305 N 5th Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: (612) 473-1200
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023