Thomas E. Glennon
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaThomas E. Glennon, P.A.
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor; view more
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1980
Education: Lewis & Clark Law School
Thomas E. Glennon, P.A.80 S 8th Street
4900 IDS Center
Minneapolis, MN 55402-4118 Visit website
Thomas E. Glennon practices exclusively in employment law and litigation matters.
His firm concentrates in advising, counseling and representing individuals and businesses concerning the entire spectrum of employee/employer and independent contractor/master relationships. The firm also represents clients in civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution proceedings (including mediations and arbitrations) and governmental agency proceedings (including proceedings before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights and local/municipal commissions).
Mr. Glennon has successfully tried employment and civil rights cases of local and national legal significance in Minnesota and elsewhere.
Mr. Glennon has over forty years of legal experience and is admitted to practice before the Minnesota Supreme Court (1980), the United States Supreme Court (1983), the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (1982), the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota (1981), the Michigan Supreme Court (2018), and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2014). He is a Minnesota State Bar Association Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist. He served as a Board member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist Board from 2015 - 2023. He regularly chairs and/or lectures at legal conferences and seminars regarding employment law and litigation matters. Mr. Glennon was an invited Delegate to the Oxford (England) Round Table on Civil Rights and Human Rights. He has been selected as a Minnesota Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics, Twin Cities Business Monthly and Mpls.-St. Paul Magazines and Thomson Reuters. He is AV-rated* (the highest level of legal ability) by the Martindale-Hubbell national legal directory. His firm is regularly listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers* (which is limited to the most distinguished law practices). Mr. Glennon has been listed on the roster of Minnesota qualified neutrals under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
Mr. Glennon is a former Partner and Chair of the Employment Law/Employee Benefits Department of Lindquist & Vennum P.L.L.P. (now Ballard Spahr LLP) in Minneapolis, MN.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment
- 50% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 50% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 1980, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: http://www.thomasglennon.com/attorney-profile/
- Mr. Glennon has been previously selected as a Minnesota Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics, Twin Cities Business Monthly, Mpls.-St. Paul Magazine and Thomson Reuters. He has been AV-rated (the highest level of legal ability) by the Martindale-Hubbell national legal directory for over thirty (30) consecutive years. His firm is regularly listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (which is limited to the most distinguished law practices)., Martindale-Hubbell National Legal Directory
- Board Member, Minnesota State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Certification Board, 2015-2023
- Minnesota State Bar Association Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist. Board Member, Minnesota State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Certification Board; Admissions: 1980, Minnesota Supreme Court; 1981, United States District Court, District of Minnesota; 1982, United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; 1983, United States Supreme Court; 2014, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; 2018 Michigan Supreme Court. Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, 1977. Lewis and Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, 1980. Institute on International and Comparative Law (Oxford, England), 1978. Member, Lewis and Clark Law School Law Review, Environmental Law, 1978-1979. Delegate, Oxford Round Table on Civil Rights and Human Rights (Oxford, England), 2002.
- Mr. Glennon provides pro bono legal advice and services to underserved individuals and not-for-profit entities serving underserved individuals and communities. , 2021
- Executive Employment and Separation Agreements
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Office location for Thomas E. Glennon
80 S 8th Street
4900 IDS Center
Minneapolis, MN 55402-4118
- Super Lawyers: 2001 - 2002, 2022 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Labor and Employment
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“I have referred Mr. Glennon numerous employment law cases over the years. He is one of the best attorneys I have worked with over the years.”