Thomas E. Marshall
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Tom Marshall primarily practices in several areas of workplace law, including discrimination matters, disability management issues, contract disputes, the enforcement of or challenges to restrictive covenants, trade secrets and related obligations, as well as training and counseling on policies, handbooks and other day- to-day employment issues. He has helped employers and employees reach appropriate and effective resolution of disputes including seven figure verdicts in favor of employees who suffered discrimination. Tom has tried over 30 jury cases to verdict in state and federal courts.
Beyond Tom’s employment law practice he has helped numerous individuals and businesses in a wide variety of complex litigation ranging from shareholder disputes to estates and trust battles.
Certificates and Credentials
- MSBA Board Certified Specialists
Labor and Employment
About Thomas E. Marshall
First Admitted: 1984, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.e-ulaw.com/Your-Team/Attorney-Profiles/Thomas-E-...
- MSBA Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist who has tried over 30 jury cases to verdict in state and federal courts
- William Mitchell College of Law, JD Cum Laude: Receipient of the Alumni Association Award of Merit: William Mitchell Trial Competition Champion (with partner Martin Lueck) and a National Finalist in the 1983 ATLA National Trial Competition
- Defense Research Institute
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- President, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association 2009-2010; Co-Chair, Law Improvement Committee, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Anoka County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- In recognition of service as MDLA President 2009-10, Exceptional Performance Citation, Defense Research Institute , 2010
- As part of the trial team for Ellen Ewald in Ewald v. Royal Norwegian Embassy, Tom was recognized by Minnesota Lawyer as one of its Attorneys of the Year for this landmark Equal Pay Act litigation, Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2015
- In recognition for service to the MDLA Law Improvement Committee, President's Award, Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, 2002
Last Updated: 5/15/2022