Thomas P. Harlan
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Minneapolis, MN
Attorney Thomas P. Harlan is a founding shareholder at Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A., in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Mr. Harlan practices in several areas of law and litigation, including alcohol beverage regulation, business, construction, employment, energy, franchise and intellectual property. He serves clients throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area and Minnesota statewide.
Mr. Harlan has over 30 years of legal experience. Over the course of his career, he has represented many small- and medium-sized businesses, advising them on a wide range of topics. He has also been involved in many significant real estate transactions and in litigation within the energy industry.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota, Mr. Harlan received his law degree from the law school now known as Mitchell Hamline School of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all Minnesota state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
Prior to forming Madigan, Dahl & Harlan, P.A., Mr. Harlan previously served in a wide variety of legal positions. He worked as a judicial law clerk in Hennepin County, Minnesota, practiced as an associate and partner at other law firms and was general counsel for the Tax Lien Resources Group.
Volunteering his time is important to Mr. Harlan. He provides pro bono services through the Volunteer Lawyers Network and volunteers with companies, including AirSpace Minnesota, Fresh Energy, Linden Hills Power & Light and Simpson Housing Services. He regularly lectures on construction, land use and real estate topics at continuing legal education seminars.
About Thomas P. Harlan
First Admitted: 1990, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.mdh-law.com/attorney/harlan-thomas-p/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Linden Hills Neighborhood Council is a non-profit that Increase community involvement, is a voice in civic affairs affecting our community and promotes social, cultural, recreational, and educational opportunities in the Linden Hills neighborhood.
- MCEA - Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy - support the efforts of the MCEA in their efforts to defend Minnesota’s environment issues.
- Simpson House - volunteer cooking meals for the evening dinner service provided to guests in the Simpson House area.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- RAZR Marketing, Inc.
- TC American Monorail, Inc.
- Jet Edge, Inc.
- Bremer Bank
- Jet Edge, Inc.
- Flagship Bank
- Blue Plate Restaurant Company, Inc.
- Linden Hills Power & Light
- Fresh Energy
- AirSpace Minnesota
- "Rising Star" by the Minnesota Journal of Law and Politics
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, B.A., 1987
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Best Lawyer, 2021
Last Updated: 8/5/2021